Italian Festival Of The Camellia
Although the camellia is of Asiatic origin, it has found a second home in the Lake Maggiore area, where the temperate climate and acid soil provide optimal conditions for its cultivation. From our base in Stresa on Lake Maggiore itself, enjoy the blooms and colours of this magnificent flower whilst sampling the best springtime gardens of the region.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Italy. On arrival in Milan, a local coach will transfer us to the Milan Speranza Au Lac Hotel in Stresa, our base for the next 5 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
- Entrance to the National Exhibition of the Camellia at Verbania, held in the beautiful setting of Villa Giulia, built in 1847. 120 companies specialise in the cultivation of camellias, azaleas, rhododendrons and other plants and you will marvel at the exquisite floral arrangements they produce.
- Visit Ascona, Switzerland which lies in a spectacularly sunny bay on Lake Maggiore. It is one of the most exclusive tourist destinations in Switzerland and boasts a beautiful lake promenade.
- Visit Locarno, Switzerland. Sheltered by the mountains of the Alps, it enjoys a climate ideal for the hydrangeas, magnolias and camellias to blossom and it is also famous for the 12th century castle and the Church of Madonna del Sasso.
- Entrance to the Locarno Camellia Exhibition. Set in the magnificent Visconteo Castle and with over 300 varieties, this exhibition is the most important event of its kind in Europe.
- Boat ride to the Borromean Islands with admission to the Isola Bella Palace. The monumental Baroque palace and the majestic, scenic gardens have made the islands famous. The gardens contain many rare and exotic plants and the spectacular blossoming is planned to ensure that it is filled with colours and scents.
- 1 free day to relax or perhaps take the cable car up Monte Mottarone for fantastic views over the lake to the Alps and beyond.
Day 6: Alas, today we leave Italy. Our local coach will transfer us to Milan Airport for our flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
- Door to Door service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 5 nights dinner, bed and breakfast accommodation at the Milan Speranza Au Lac Hotel
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides during the excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Single room supplement: £95Back to top