Isle Of Bute, Loch Fyne & Inveraray
A spectacular scenic tour for summer staying on the lovely Isle of Bute and including visits to the Victorian Gothic mansion that is Mount Stuart as well as a visit to the Duke of Argyll’s home ~ Inveraray Castle.
* Return Ferry from Wemyss Bay to The Isle of Bute
* 4 Nights Accommodation on The Isle of Bute
* Admission to Mount Stuart House
* Loch Fyne & Inveraray Castle
* Rhubodach – Colintraive Ferry
* Stunning Scottish Scenery
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Tuesday: A free day to explore your surroundings. Why not make your way into the town of Rothesay (the men’s Victorian toilets are worth a visit!) – a pleasant walk along the promenade, relax, watch the world go by or have a lazy day at the hotel and admire the views to Loch Striven and beyond.
- Wednesday: We enjoy a spectacular sightseeing tour today as we head to Rhubodach in time for the very short ferry crossing to Colintraive. We make our way to Loch Fyne as we follow the coast road around the tip of the loch to the lovely little white-washed town of Inveraray. We have a short time to explore before we re-group for our included visit to the magnificent Inveraray Castle, the ancestral home of the Duke of Argyll. Following this visit we retrace our steps back in time for the return ferry to Bute.
- Thursday: We enjoy a sightseeing drive around Bute ending with a visit to the superb Mount Stuart House. Set in 300 acres of landscape woodlands, the house is known as Britain’s most spectacular Victorian Gothic House, an architectural fantasy of the 3rd Marquis of Bute.
Glenburn Hotel, Rothesay ~ 3 Star
An elegant hotel surrounded by delightful terraced gardens and commanding fabulous views over Rothesay and its bay. All the tastefully decorated bedrooms are en-suite and are equipped with TV, telephone, hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant, lounge bar & terrace. There will be one Scottish themed evening with entertainment during your stay. Lift.Back to top