Irish Rails, Sails & Secret Gardens
South West Ireland, 2 overnight hotels ~ What a Corker!
A look at Ireland’s South Coast in all its glory with a scenic train ride to Mount Congreve Gardens, elegant Fota House and the heritage harbour towns of Cobh and Kinsale.
- Return Ferry, Holyhead – Dublin
- Single Journey on the Waterford & Suir Valley Railway
- Admission to Mount Congreve Gardens
- Admission to Fota House
- Tiny Fishing Village of Cobh
- Ireland’s ‘gourmet capital’ of Kinsale
Outward Journey: Seven Oaks Hotel, Carlow ~ 4 Star
Return Journey: Wilton Hotel, Bray ~ 3 Star
Seven Oaks Hotel ~ Evening Meal & Breakfast
Midleton Park Hotel ~ Evening Meals & Breakfasts
Wilton Hotel ~ Evening Meal only and ‘Grab & Go’ Breakfast
Return Ferry ~ Full Breakfast included
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Midleton Park Hotel, Midleton, Co. Cork ~ 4 Star
- From our overnight hotel we make our way to Waterford where we join the Waterford & Suir Valley Railway for a pretty journey along the banks of the River Suir to Mount Congreve Gardens where we disembark. Mount Congreve Gardens is one of the world’s largest private gardens whose owner Ambrose Congreve won 13 gold medals through his exhibitions at Chelsea Flower Show. Here we have free time to explore before re-joining our coach and continuing our journey to the Midleton Park Hotel.
- We discover Fota House, a Regency-style great country house surrounded by its own arboretum, a beautiful orangery and formal walled gardens. Following our free time here we make our way to Cobh, a tiny fishing village with a big history made famous as the last port of call for RMS Titanic.
- We enjoy a scenic drive to the cosmopolitan seaside town of Clonakilty, with its variety of boutiques, design galleries and beautiful beaches. Following some free time here, we make our way back to the hotel making a stop in Ireland’s ‘gourmet capital’ of Kinsale before returning to the hotel.
- We leave the Midleton Park Hotel and make our way to Waterford, Ireland’s oldest city, where we spend some time to explore. From here we make our way to Bray and on to our overnight hotel.