Icelandic Wonders & Faroe Islands Cruise
Join Braemar on this exploration of Iceland in search of stunning wonders and fascinating wildlife.
A host of incredible experiences await you, from the iconic Gold Circle route and the Hornstrandir Nature Reserve to the possibility of spotting whales and puffins in the wild.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to Southampton to board Braemar.
Highlights of the cruise include:
- Reykjavik, Iceland. Stopping overnight in Iceland’s capital, you can begin your Icelandic adventure exploring some of the country’s greatest natural wonders. A tour is a great way to take in the main sights, known as the ‘Big Three’ geological attractions – Gullfoss Waterfall, the Geysir area and Thingvellir National Park. You may choose to visit the spectacular Blue Lagoon Spa to bathe in mineral-rich waters or take a boat tour along the coast for the chance to spot Atlantic puffins.
- Isafjordur, Iceland which is the largest town of the Westfjords. Immerse yourself in untouched scenery on an exhilarating fjord kayaking tour, or perhaps opt for a boat trip to Vigur Island, home to thousands of seabirds. Isafjordur is also the gateway to the isolated and unspoilt Hornstrandir Nature Reserve.
- Akureyri, Iceland. Ideal for discovering the nearby wonders of Godafoss ‘waterfall of the Gods’ and Lake Myvatn. Opt for an incredible whale watching tour and you’ll have the chance to see these friendly giants in their natural environment. Look out for Humpback and Minke whales, as well as dolphins and porpoises. Later, enjoy spellbinding scenic cruising. Eyjafjordur, Iceland’s longest fjord, the peaceful island of Hrisey and the whale hotspot of Skjalfandi Bay all feature.
- Immerse yourself in myths of Icelandic folklore as you cruise the Borgarfjordur Eystri, claimed to be the residence of Iceland’s Elf Queen, before navigating the twisting Seydisfjordur en-route to the town of the same name. Savour the magnificent scenery surrounding the town as you wander between the colourful wooden houses, though a tour to the Skalanes Nature and Heritage Centre is highly recommended. One of Iceland’s most remote places, it covers 1,250 hectares and is inhabited by a great number of birds, including Eider Ducks.
- Torshavn, Faroe Islands. We have the day to explore the picturesque town of Torshavn, capital of the Faroe Islands. It’s ideally placed for discovering more of this scenic archipelago, the perfect end to our adventure.
- 6 days at sea.
Day 14: We cruise back into Southampton to meet your Door to Door service home.
- Door to Door Service
- Cabins are en-suite, air-conditioned and have TV, tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryer
- All meals throughout the cruise from 5 course a la carte dining to casual buffets, afternoon tea & late night snacks
- All Inclusive drinks package
- Captain’s drinks party and gala buffet
- Evening entertainment including cabaret shows, live music & dancing
- Use of leisure facilities and a wide range of daytime activities & lectures
- Crew gratuities
- Port taxes
Please note – we do not include shore excursions.
Full details will be sent in advance.
Single cabin supplement: Please ask us for details
Ocean view porthole window supplement from £400 per person
Superior ocean view picture window supplement from £700 per person
Back to top