Hidden Corners Of Yorkshire
A splendid variety of magnificent scenery and contrasting countryside, with quaint Yorkshire towns and villages. We enjoy a ride on the Wensleydale Railway, re-opened after 50 years, re-living rural railway travel as it used to be and relax with a boat trip on the Tees to Yarm.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Historic Maritime Whitby
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Wensleydale Railway
- Swaledale - Historic Richmond
- Teeside Princess River Cruise
- Little Switzerland 'Beautiful Bilsdale'
- We visit Thirsk, a traditional North Yorkshire market town superbly positioned midway between the stunning North Yorkshire Moors and the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. After spend some free time here we take in a piece of history with a ride on the Wensleydale Railway, re-opened after sleeping for over fifty years. Our journey takes us through beautiful countryside, passing hidden farms and villages. We then continue by coach to Richmond, high above the River Swale, where we have time to explore.
- We make our way to Preston Park & Hall Museum. The attractive parkland surrounds the museum which is home to a delightful collection of memorabilia from times gone by. Take a walk back in time through the cobbled Victorian street and imagine life as it was in times past. At Preston Hall we join the ‘Teesside Princess’ and enjoy a gentle cruise on the River Tees through beautiful countryside and on to the cobbled town of Yarm, famous for its location on the River and the awe inspiring railway viaduct. Here, we re-join our coach and driver through Bilsdale, known as “Little Switzerland”, we pass Rievaulx Abbey and drop in to Helmsley with its 12th century castle.
- We travel over the moors, across Blakey Ridge to Pickering, where we join the North Yorkshire Moors Railway for our steam train journey through rugged moorland to Whitby. Upon arrival in Whitby we have the rest of the day at leisure to explore this lovely maritime town. We return to the hotel by coach.