Historical Trains and Fairytales in Germany
The Harz Mountains, Germany's northenmost mountain range, is a fine area of natural beauty, with its pine-covered hills, green valleys and half-timbered medieval villages. The area is rich in legend and fairytales and has many beautiful castles and gardens. We also include a return train ride on the Harzer Schmalspurbahnen - a 60 km narrow gauge railway which runs from Wernigerode to Nordhausen across the Harz Mountain Range. A ride on this unique rail line takes you through idyllic landscapes, across deep wooded valleys and past stunning mountain scenery and takes in the highest mountain of the Harz range, the Brocken.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
P & O North Sea Ferries
Hull - Zeebrugge, overnight
Price based on low berth inside cabins
- 2 hour walking tour of Goslar - a beautiful preserved old town
- Return Train Journey on the Harz Schmalspurbahnen
- Entrance to Marienburg Castle - one of the most famous neo-gothic buildings in Germany
- A visit to the historical and enchanting old town of Hamelin
- A guided walking tour of Hamelin with the Pied Piper himself.