- Duration: 5 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TELL8137
- Travel Type: Coach
A lovely tour for 2018 taking in what Hampshire has to offer. We enjoy a cruise on the Basingstoke Canal as well as a ride on the Mid Hants Railway and entry to Milestones Museum, where we can learn all about past life in Hampshire.
Hampshire is the perfect blend of city, coast and country, blessed with natural beauty of two National Parks, thriving culture, with history and heritage at its heart
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Cruise on the Basingstoke Canal
· Entry to Milestones Museum
· Journey on the Mid Hants Railway
· We enjoy some of the scenery and history of the county before we board a traditional style canal boat on the Basingstoke Canal. Watch the passing scenery on this 2 hour cruise. Following our cruise we continue to ‘Milestones’, a fabulous museum often described as ‘the outdoor museum that’s indoors!’ Wander through the old cobbled streets and explore life in Hampshire in the past.
· We make our way to Alton where we join the Mid Hants Railway ‘Watercress Line’ for a 10 mile journey over the ‘Hampshire Alps’ to Alresford. This is the home of the Hampshire Watercress Industry from which the line takes its name. In the afternoon we continue to Winchester, where we have chance to explore.
· We enjoy an excursion to Portsmouth, a port city and naval base on England’s south coast, mostly spread across Portsea Island. It’s known for its maritime heritage and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard. The dockyard is home to the interactive National Museum of the Royal Navy, the wooden warship HMS Victory, where Nelson died in the Battle of Trafalgar, and HMS Warrior 1860. The Tudor ship Mary Rose is also conserved in a dockyard museum.Back to top