Gretna Turkey & Tinsel
For these tours we head to Southern Scotland for a stay in Gretna Green, famous for its runaway weddings. We enjoy excursions to the pretty village of New Abbey, the picturesque harbour town of Kirkcudbright, the charming market town of Hexham, Lockerbie and Dumfries, with its connections to Robert Burns.
Tour Highlights for the Turkey & Tinsel
- 1 Voucher valid for a dram of Scotch Whisky at the hotel
- Live Entertainment on 2 Nights
- Turkey & Tinsel theme with Christmas Eve; Christmas Day & Boxing Day
- 10% Off Voucher valid in hotels Blacksmiths Visitor Attraction & Shopping
- Themed Scottish Dinner on last night
- We travel the short distance to the pretty village of New Abbey, home to Sweetheart Abbey, the splendid remains of a 13th century Abbey founded by Devorgilla, Lady of Galloway, in memory of her husband. We then continue along the coast route to the picturesque harbour town of Kirkcudbright where we have time to explore. Our return to the hotel takes us along the edge of the Galloway Forest Park towards New Galloway as we return to Gretna.
- We enjoy an excursion which takes us to Hexham, a charming market town set in the heart of the Tyne Valley. Be sure to visit the majestic Hexham Abbey.
- We make our way to Lockerbie, where we have time to explore. Following this visit we head to Dumfries, with its connections to Robert Burns, where we spend some free time.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Gretna Hall Hotel ~ 3 Star
Nestling in ten acres of landscaped ground and situated midway between the Borders Region and Scotland’s southwest, the 3 star standard Gretna Hall Hotel is located in the centre of Gretna Green. All of the bedrooms are en-suite and have TV, telephone, hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. Lift.Back to top