Fort William & The Highlands, Scotland
Staying in Fort William and surrounded by spectacular Scottish scenery, this tour shows off some of the most scenic parts of Scotland. We enjoy a single journey on what is described as ‘the greatest railway journey in the world’ and take in the dramatic mountains, rare beauty and haunting history at the Glencoe Visitor Centre.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Single Journey on the Jacobite Steam Train
- Free Time in Mallaig
- Admission to Glencoe Visitor Centre
- Free Time in Oban
- Time at Leisure in Fort William
- We make the short walk from the hotel to the train station in time to join the Jacobite Steam Train for our single journey. Described as ‘the greatest railway journey in the world’ we cross the 21-arched Glenfinnan viaduct passing beautiful lochs and spectacular countryside to Mallaig. Upon arrival in Mallaig we enjoy free time before meeting our coach for the road journey back to Fort William.
- More spectacular scenery as we head for the natural wonder of Glencoe, steeped in myth, legend & history. We take time to call in at the Visitor Centre where you can learn about the glen, its wildlife and the families who lived here. In the afternoon we continue to Oban, where the rest of the day is free to explore before returning to the hotel.