Edinburgh, Kelpies, Falkirk Wheel & A World Heritage Village
New for 2021
Wake up in a World Heritage Village on our delightful tour to this part of Bonnie Scotland. A tour suited to all tastes with visits to Historic Edinburgh, a spectacular ride on the Falkirk Wheel, marvel at The Kelpies and enjoy a part of the coast too.
* Time to Explore Edinburgh
* Free Time to Explore New Lanark World Heritage Site
* Coastal Resort of Troon
* View The Kelpies
* A 60-minute Boat Trip on The Falkirk Wheel
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Tuesday: Following breakfast today we enjoy our journey to the Historic capital of Scotland – Edinburgh, where we have the day at leisure to explore. With an abundance of history, top quality attractions and beautiful architecture, Edinburgh is a delightful city. Explore the Medieval Old Town and the elegant Georgian New Town, which sit side by side or enjoy the fantastic shopping, there is so much to see & do in this beautiful city.
- Wednesday: After our breakfast this morning we enjoy a ride out to the coast making a stop in Troon, with its long sweeping stretch of sand, popular esplanade and spectacular views across to the Isle of Arran. Following some free time here we return to the hotel where we have the rest of the day to explore the fabulous New Lanark World Heritage Village.
- Thursday: Our excursion after breakfast today takes us towards Falkirk where we make a stop to view The Kelpies. Standing 30 metres tall, The Kelpies stand majestically above all around them and pay homage to the working horses of Scotland which used to pull barges along Scotland’s canals and worked in the fields. Following this visit we head to the Falkirk Wheel where we have included a 60-minute journey, as you sail through the sky to join the Union Canal 35m above and smoothly move along the aqueduct through Roughcastle tunnel to the beginning of the Union Canal, where you will then descend to the start point returning you to the visitor centre.
New Lanark Mill Hotel ~ 4 Star
A fabulous 4-star hotel located in the heart of the UNESCO New Lanark World Heritage Site, a beautifully restored 18th-century cotton mill village, nestled in the spectacular Clyde Valley. All bedrooms are en-suite and enjoy spectacular views. The bedrooms are equipped with TV, free wi-fi, telephone and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant, lounge & bar together with leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool. Lift.Back to top