Durham's Living Past
History lovers can experience some of Durham’s amazing heritage on this tour as we visit Beamish – the Living Museum of the North and The Bowes Museum with its outstanding collection of European fine and decorative art. There will also be a day at leisure to explore the beautiful City of Durham.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Admission to Beamish
· Admission to The Bowes Museum
· City of Durham
· Market Town of Barnard Castle
· We travel to nearby Beamish – the Living Museum of the North, where we spend the day. A world-famous open air museum telling the story of life in North East England during the 1820s, 1900s and 1940s. Take a ride on the Beamish Tramway, watch delicious bread, cakes & biscuits being made using traditional Edwardian recipes or even try the fish & chips, cooked in coal-fired ranges using beef dripping.
· A day at leisure to explore the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durham. Maybe, embark on one of Durham’s walking routes, enjoy a Prince Bishop River Cruise along the River Wear, explore Durham Cathedral – the choice is yours. (Attractions in Durham are not included in the cost).
· We make our way to the Bowes Museum, a French Chateaux in the vibrant market town of Barnard Castle. Here you’ll find an outstanding collection of European fine and decorative art. Following this visit we spend some free time in the market town of Barnard Castle before returning to the hotel.Back to top