Delights Of Southern Ireland
Explore the fascinating coastlines of the Emerald Isle. See the cliffs from the sea, the National Park from a jaunting car, kiss the Blarney Stone, Dart into Dublin – and so much more!
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Dublin. A local coach will transfer us to the west coast where we will check into the Broadhaven Bay Hotel in Belmullet, our base for the next 3 nights.
Highlights of the holiday include:
- Drive the west coastline to the pretty town of Donegal. Enjoy a wonderful waterbus ride out into the bay to view the seal colony and the Bluestack Mountains with an interesting commentary on the way out and a fun sing-a-long on the way back.
- Mayo coastline drive via views of Downpatrick Head and Achill Island arriving at Westport. Take a little road train for a visit to fascinating Westport House, rightly called the most beautiful house in Ireland.
- Shopping stop at the enticing Foxford Woollen Mills, offering local woven goods since 1892.
- Southward drive towards County Kerry with a pilgrimage stop at the village of Knock.
- Galway town and Tralee, arriving at the Earl of Desmond Hotel our base for 3 nights.
- Local guided tour of the breath-taking Ring of Kerry, with photo and refreshment breaks along our route.
- Killarney National Park where we experience a wonderful jaunting car ride through narrow lanes inaccessible to our coach.
- “A load of ole Blarney” as we travel to the popular City of Cork, with its centre located on an island in the River Lee and a visit to Blarney Castle where you can venture up the tower to kiss that very lucky stone!
- Via Portlaoise we head along the Wicklow Coast to the picturesque seaside town of Bray for our next 3 nights at the Esplanade Hotel.
- Coach transfer to the capital city Dublin for a panoramic tour before we are free to explore at leisure for the remainder of the day. Return journey via the Dublin Dart train for a scenic ride back to Bray. There is a short walk back to the hotel when we arrive.
- Visit Powerscourt House & Gardens for a chance to explore the beautiful gardens. Highlights include the Italian and Japanese Gardens and Tower Valley.
Day 10: Today we leave Ireland. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
Broadhaven Bay Hotel, Belmullet ***
This luxurious family run hotel overlooks the Broadhaven Bay with spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean on a backdrop of a patchwork of green fields. All rooms feature TV, tea/coffee making facilities, telephone, mini-bar, ironing facilities and hairdryer.
The Earl of Desmond Hotel, Tralee ***
Set in mature landscaped gardens, this is a popular base for touring the southwest region. All rooms feature free Wi-Fi, TV, tea/coffee making facilities, safe and telephone.
Esplanade Hotel, Bray ***
Located on the seafront at the foot of Bray Head with fantastic views of the sea and promenade, this beautiful Victorian building boasts a feel of olde-worlde charm and historical elegance. All rooms feature free Wi-Fi, TV, tea/coffee making facilities, safe and telephone.Back to top