Delightful North Devon & Exmoor In Autumn
New Tour for 2021
A lovely tour for July & September staying in Barnstaple. We take in North Devon throughout with interesting visits, a most enjoyable short break.
- Staying in the Historic ‘Capital’ of North Devon
- Lynton & Lynmouth
- Popular Resort of Minehead
- Dunster and Exmoor National Park
- Delightful Ilfracombe
- Port of Bideford
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Royal & Fortescue Hotel, Barnstaple ~ 3 Star
A charming luxury hotel situated at the head of Barnstaple’s High Street. Steeped in history, this elegant Georgian hotel offers stylish accommodation and a vibrant convivial atmosphere. All of the bedrooms are en-suite with contemporary decor and have satellite TV, telephone, free Wifi, hairdryer and tea/coffee makers. The hotel offers a restaurant, bar and coffee house. Lift.
- Monday: Today is Market Day in Barnstaple so the morning is free to explore the town with its elegant Georgian buildings. This afternoon we visit the ancient seaport of Bideford, delightfully set on the banks of the River Torridge.
- Tuesday: We enjoy the journey to the small, unspoilt towns of Lynton & Lynmouth situated on the northern edge of the Exmoor coast. The picturesque harbour village of Lynmouth is connected to its twin, Lynton, by the cliff railway. After spending some free time here, we make our way through scenic ‘Little Switzerland’, as the region is known, to the lovely village of Dunster, famous for its Castle and Yarn Market. We then continue to Minehead, a popular seaside resort, where we spend the rest of the day before making our return to the hotel via Exmoor National Park.
- Wednesday: Our excursion today takes us to the Victorian seaside resort of Ilfracombe, known as the jewel in the North Devon Coast.