Cumbria & Northumbria
We return to the beautifully located Gilsland Spa Hotel, lying almost under the shadows of Hadrian’s Wall. On this tour we enjoy excursions to The Lake District for Cumbria, Northumbria and Scotland – the Northern fringes will captivate you. This area is also ideal for walkers, so don’t be afraid to pack your hiking boots!
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
The Gilsland Hall Hotel
The hotel sits 700 feet above sea level, in 140 acres of park & woodland, commanding spectacular views over the Cumbrian countryside. Situated just over a mile from the pretty village of Gilsland, visitors can enjoy the magnificent Irthing Gorge. All the bedrooms have private facilities with colour TV, hairdryer and tea/coffee makers. The hotel offers a Restaurant, Bar, Lounge, Garden, Some Entertainment and Lift (doesn’t serve all floors).
‘Winter Warmer’ package, in February, Includes:
Complimentary Tea/Coffee and Biscuits each afternoon
Complimentary Newspaper each morning
Drinks Promotion each evening (hotels choice of drinks)
Entertainment each evening
- Pretty Market Town of Penrith and Keswick
- Hexham & Corbridge
- In February - A visit to Carlisle
- In May – Admission to The Heritage Centre at Bellingham & Admission to Belsay Hall, Castle & Gardens
- We make our way to the market town of Penrith, once the capital of Cumbria, where we spend some free time. In the afternoon we make our way to Keswick, situated between the huge bulk of Skiddaw and the gentle beauty of Derwentwater.
- On Tuesday: We make our way to the pretty market town of Hexham where we spend some free time. Following this visit we continue to the pretty village of Corbridge for time at leisure before returning to the hotel.
- On the February Tour: A visit to the County Town of Cumbria, Carlisle. Here you can take time to visit the cathedral, visit the castle, one of the museums or maybe enjoy some retail therapy.
- On the May Tour we enjoy our outward journey as we make our way to the Heritage Centre at Bellingham where you can see, hear and absorb the fascinating history of this special part of Northumberland. Following this visit we continue to Belsay Hall, Castle & Gardens – with its unique combination of Grecian architecture, medieval ruins, formal terraces and lush jungle-esque Quarry Garden. Soak up the sights & smells of the heritage garden, roam the fabulous pillars in the Grand Hall and enjoy wonderful views from the top of the Castle Tower.