Cumbria & Northumbria
We return to the beautifully located Gilsland Spa Hotel, lying almost under the shadows of Hadrian’s Wall. On this tour we enjoy excursions to The Lake District for Cumbria, Northumbria and Scotland – the Northern fringes will captivate you. This area is also ideal for walkers, so don’t be afraid to pack your hiking boots!
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- January Tour is a 'Winter Warmer'
- Lovely Market Town of Hexham
- Pretty Village of Corbridge
- County Town of Cumbria - Carlisle
- Gretna Green & Dumfries
- Tuesday: The Lovely Market Town of Hexham and the Pretty Village of Corbridge
- Wednesday: Visit Carlisle the County Town of Cumbria
- Thursday: We head for Scotland to visit Gretna Green & Dumfries
The Gilsland Hall Hotel
The hotel sits 700 feet above sea level, in 140 acres of park & woodland, commanding spectacular views over the Cumbrian countryside. Situated just over a mile from the pretty village of Gilsland, visitors can enjoy the magnificent Irthing Gorge. All the bedrooms have private facilities with colour TV, hairdryer and tea/coffee makers. The hotel offers a Restaurant, Bar, Lounge, Garden, Some Entertainment and Lift (doesn’t serve all floors).Back to top