Costa Brava Gardens & Girona Flower Festival
Famed for the vibrant and cultural cities of Barcelona and Girona, the Costa Brava will also be familiar to many for its sandy beaches and wild, rocky coves. Explore all of this together with its tranquil and lush gardens while the City of Girona bursts into colour during the annual Flower Festival.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Spain. On arrival, our local coach will transfer us to the Aqua Hotel Onabrava in the resort of Santa Susanna.
During our stay, the following excursions will be included:
- Excursion to the town of Blanes with entrance to the Marimurtra Botanical Gardens. Perched on the cliff top with breath-taking views of the sea and the Costa Brava coastline, it is one of the oldest botanical gardens in Europe.
- Full day in Girona to immerse yourself in the heart of the Temps de Flors Festival. Around every corner and filling every nook and cranny, there are flower displays created by professionals, children and house owners. View the cathedral’s grand staircase bedecked with a cascade of colour and formal arrangements of Madonna lilies or a similar elegant theme.
- Lunch in a typical rustic farmhouse known as a ‘Masia’.
- Full day panoramic tour of Barcelona with a visit to the Parc Guell Gardens with commanding views over the city. Other city highlights include the Sagrada Familia, Montjuic complex and of course the flower stalls in The Ramblas.
- A visit to the Santa Clotilde Gardens of Lloret de Mar with its cascading landscapes down to the sea.
- Visit to Tossa de Mar, a wonderful town with an impressive medieval quarter in front of the beach.
- Morning drive to the Montserrat Mountains and National Park with entrance to the Monastery & Basilica to gaze at the famous Black Madonna.
- 1 free day to enjoy the golden sands or discover Santa Susanna at your own pace.
Day 8: We bid Adios! Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
Aqua Hotel Onabrava & Spa
The hotel complex is situated on Santa Susanna´s promenade, just a few metres from the beach. All rooms have balcony or terrace, air conditioning, flat screen TV, telephone, minibar, hair dryer & Wi-Fi. The hotel offers an extensive terrace and poolside area and the restaurant offers local and international buffet style cuisine.Back to top