Coast To Coast And The 'Jacobite Express'
This exciting two-centre tour provides the perfect opportunity to explore the wonderful scenery of the west coast of Scotland, the delights of the east coast and so much more in between.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Aberdeen Harbour Cruise
· Admission to Fyvie Castle
· Whisky Distillery Tour & Tasting
· Return Journey on Jacobite Steam Train
· Our coach transports us into the town centre of Aberdeen where we have time at leisure. During the afternoon we enjoy a short Aberdeen harbour cruise. On our return to the hotel we pass through the small fishing village of ‘Fittee’ and make a stop at Torry Battery viewpoint, where there is a good opportunity to see dolphins.
· We venture to Royal Deeside with visits to Banchory and the lovely resort village of Ballater. We then travel towards the Lecht before heading to Fyvie Castle for our included visit. An extraordinary Baronial fortress with lavish interiors and its own ghosts, legends and folklore.
· We depart Aberdeenshire, but not before a tour & tasting at the Glenlivet Distillery. We then continue our journey making a stop in Aviemore before continuing to The Alexandra Hotel, Fort William.
· The highlight of our tour will be our journey on the West Highland Railway’s Jacobite Steam Train, regarded as one of the most spectacular railway journeys in the world. The journey begins in the shadow of Ben Nevis at Fort William and winds its way across the countryside, over the famous Glenfinnan Viaduct to Mallaig, a busy fishing port. Here you can enjoy time at leisure before hopping back on board the train for the return journey.
· A full day to Oban, the picturesque fishing town known as the ‘Seafood Capital of Scotland’.Back to top