Cito - Valencia & The Golden Levante Region Of Spain
From our base in Gandia, south of Valencia we explore the best this diverse region of Spain has to offer. From picture postcard fishing villages, dramatic rocky headlands to the rich cultural city of Valencia, the region’s orange groves and of course its rice fields - the starting point for any authentic paella.
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed and breakfast at the Hotel Principal, Gandia
- Drinks package with dinner
- 2 traditional lunches included
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides during the excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
• Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Spain. On arrival our local coach will transfer us to the Hotel Principal Gandia, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
- Orientation walk of our beach resort and transfer to the town, with its thriving centre of traditional artisan shops, quaint museums and local restaurants and bars.
- Full day excursion to Valencia, Spain’s third largest city. Highlights will include its 13th Century Cathedral, said to house the Holy Chalice from the Last Supper and the imposing Towers of Serranos which marked the entrance to this once walled city. Admission to the 15th Century La Lonja silk exchange a UNESCO World Heritage Site, a location that reflects the city’s mercantile prosperity.
- The picture perfect coastal town of Calpe, in the heart of the Costa Blanca. Once an ancient fishing village with Moorish castles and defence towers, the resort is crowned by the towering rocky headland, The Rock of Ifach.
- The Valley of Jalon with its magnificent mountains surrounded by olive trees, orange groves, vineyards and almond trees. Visit to a local winery for tour and tasting of their wine, sausages and other local produce, followed by an inclusive lunch.
- The Albufera Natural Park and rice-growing reserve. La Albufera, Spanish for lagoon, is one of the largest wetlands on the Iberian Peninsula and annually records over 350 species of visiting birds. The lagoon is separated from the Mediterranean by a thin sandy strip of pine trees and sand dunes and where we will enjoy a gentle boat trip.
- Excursion to the small fishing village of El Palmar, said to be where paella originated and where we enjoy a lunchtime feast of this now world renowned delicacy.
- 2 full and 2 half free days to explore further at your own pace or enjoy the 2 miles of fine, golden sandy beach that our resort has to offer.
Day 8: Sadly we wave Adios! to Valencia. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been graded as easy-medium.
Hotel Principal, Gandia ****
Located just 200 metres from Gandia’s award winning beach and in the heart of this popular, traditional Spanish resort, this modern, comfortable hotel offers a restaurant serving local and international cuisine, an outdoor pool, lounge, terrace and spa. Bright, en-suite, air-conditioned rooms offer a balcony or terrace, TV, safe, hairdryer and Wi-Fi.
Single room supplement: £135Back to top