Cito - Little Trains Of The Pyrenees
Stretching the width of south-western France, from the wind scuffed surf of the Atlantic to the gentle drift of the Mediterranean, the Pyrenees form a magnificent backdrop of mountains some 400km long and act as the natural frontier between France and Spain. Our ‘Little Trains’ tour enables you to see a truly diverse landscape.
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast at the Hotel Maritim, Roses
- Side seaview rooms
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guide during excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Train tickets for all services mentioned
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Please note - Train services are subject to change due to seasonal timetables.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Spain. A local coach will transfer us to the Hotel Maritim in Roses, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
- A trip to the Cap de Creus Nature Park on the local tractor train, the Roses Express. This cultural tourist train offers a unique way of travelling, with marvellous panoramic views over the Bay of Roses and nature park.
- Villefranche De Confluent, in France, recently listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to catch the Little Yellow Train to Font Romeu. One of the great railway journeys of the world, this historic metre-gauge electric railway rises through dramatic scenery, hugging the sides of the deep Tet Valley, winding between forests, chasms and gushing streams.
- Excursion to Figueres for an included visit to the Dali Museum. Built by Salvador Dali, the museum’s collection allows visitors a thought-provoking insight into Dali’s unique and captivating world.
- Free time in the traditional town of Figueres where a typical ‘La Rambla’ central avenue, can be found at the heart of the shopping zone and links the old quarter with newer parts of the town.
- An excursion on the rack railway to the Sanctuary of Nuria. Located in the Eastern Pyrenees, Vall de Nuria is a mountain resort with a unique landscape surrounded by peaks of almost 3,000m from which flow a multitude of water sources and torrents. From your seat on the rack railway you will see breath-taking scenery during the 12.5km journey over an incline of more than 1,000m.
- Day trip into France to take the TPCF Train Rouge from Rivesaltes to Caudies de Fenouilledes and via the open-top train, to Axat. Part of this historic railway has been in existence since 1901 and the journey takes us on a lovely ride through the Pays Cathare and Fenouilledes from the mountains to the sea.
- 1 full day and 2 half days free to enjoy the beach and promenade or explore the resort further at your own pace.
Day 8: Today we leave Roses. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been graded as medium.
Hotel Maritim, Roses ****
Located on the seafront in Santa Margarita, Roses, the Hotel Maritim offers splendid views of the sea and Roses Bay. En-suite bedrooms feature air-conditioning, telephone, hairdryer, side seaview balcony rooms and Wi-Fi. The hotel offers an extensive buffet dinner with an abundance of local produce.
Single room supplement: £185Back to top