Champagne, Strasbourg And The Alsace
A tour to France which combines Reims, capital of the Champagne region and the stunning Alsace region, nestled between the Vosges Mountains and the River Rhine.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Guided Tour of Champagne House & Tasting
· Strasbourg & A River Cruise
· Admission to Chateau du Haut Koenigsbourg
· Alsation Wine Route including a wine cellar tour & tasting
· We enjoy some free time in the city of Reims to explore. Reims highlights include: the Gothic cathedral of Notre Dame, where the Kings of France were crowned from the 11th century. During this day we also include a visit to Mumm Champagne. Located in the very heart of the Champagne region, the House of Mumm, was established in 1827. While here we enjoy a guided tour and tasting.
· Some time at leisure in Strasbourg, dominated by its towering Gothic cathedral, with pretty canals and medieval half-timbered houses which contrast with the ultra-modern buildings of the European Parliament. During our day in Strasbourg we include a relaxing cruise along the meandering River Ill, through most of the city’s main tourist sites.
· We take time to visit the nearby Chateau du Haut-Koenigsbourg, Alsace’s most-visited attraction, high in the Vosges Mountains. Built around 1147, the chateau is carved into the rocks with a medieval garden which stands behind it. We return to the hotel via the famous Alsation Wine Route to discover Riquewihr, one of the region’s most beautiful cities and known as “pearl of the vineyard”. While here we enjoy a visit to a wine cellar where we take part in a tour and tasting.Back to top