Celebrate Christmas Cypriot Style
Kala Chritouyenna – Merry Christmas.
From balmy temperatures to the magic of a Greek Orthodox Christmas, Cyprus has a colourful year-round cultural scene and Christmas is no exception. The season is marked in towns and villages across the island with magical processions, delicious Cypriot food and honoured age-old traditions. Our more familiar traditions are generally also observed so you won’t miss the festive decorations, Christmas carols and even a visit from Santa.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Cyprus. On arrival, our local coach will transfer us to the Pioneer Beach Hotel.
During our stay in Cyprus, the following excursions will be included:
- A morning guided tour of the city of Paphos. Once the ancient capital of Cyprus now emerging as one of the most popular resorts on the island, the city offers many attractions. We will visit Panagia Church, built in the 13th century over the ruins of an early Byzantine basilica, where it is believed that St Paul was flogged here by the Roman Governor.
- Guided excursion to Nicosia, the capital city of Cyprus. We will see the Archbishop’s Palace and visit the Cathedral of St John, also the Archaeological Museum and restored 19th Century Quarter.
- Free time in Nicosia for last minute Christmas shopping or to catch a live act in Eleftheria Square.
- A scenic journey along the coast to Limassol, Cyprus’s second largest city. A bustling port and resort, the city is renowned for its shopping and cafes. We visit the beautiful setting of Aphrodite’s birthplace, situated on the old coastal road.
- Guided tour of Curium, ancient city kingdom and the wine producing village of Omodhos with its holy cross monastery and local wineries - tasting included! Lunch in Omodhos Village.
- Extensive programme of activities in the hotel – from dancing to cookery demonstrations and from traditional bingo to live entertainment.
- Gala Christmas Eve Dinner and festive Christmas Lunch.
Day 8: Today we leave Cyprus. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
Pioneer Beach Hotel
This is an adult-focused, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Room facilities include air-conditioning/heating, flat screen TV, radio, fridge, hairdryer, safety deposit box, ironing facilities and tea/coffee making facilities.Back to top