Canaries Christmas & Funchal Fireworks Cruise
Pack all your festive celebrations into one spectacular cruise on Balmoral. The long list of highlights includes stunning beaches, attractive cities, quaint towns, pretty gardens and lush valleys. Sign off the year perfectly with Funchal’s spectacular New Year’s Eve fireworks display.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to Southampton to board Balmoral.
Highlights of the cruise include:
- Lisbon, Portugal’s vibrant capital. Gothic cathedrals, majestic monasteries and quaint museums are all part of the colourful cityscape, but the real delights of discovery lie in wandering the narrow lanes of Lisbon’s lovely backstreets.
- Christmas Day & Boxing Day: At sea. Balmoral’s friendly crew will ensure you’ll have a memorable Christmas. Everything will be taken care of on the big day, from the delicious festive food to fun activities, all while your ship glides towards the Canaries.
- Gran Tarajal, Fuerteventura. The town offers an authentic taste of Canarian culture, coupled with a relaxed feel. There’s the chance to uncover more of the island on a shore tour, including the beautiful, golden sands of Jandia Beach.
- Las Palmas, Gran Canaria where you can absorb a mix of architecture in the Vagueta district of Las Palmas, or visit picturesque Puerto de Mogan. Perhaps visit the charming towns of Teror and Arucas. Otherwise visit Maspalomas Beach, with its oasis-like sand dunes and palm trees, it is the perfect spot to unwind.
- Santa Cruz, Tenerife where we’ll have time to discover some of the many highlights including the mysterious Pyramids of Guimar, mighty Mount Tiede and countless beaches.
- San Sebastian, La Gomera. A call into San Sebastian is ideal for unearthing the island’s historic links to Christopher Columbus. Most notably, the Casa de Colon is where the great explorer reportedly lived when he was preparing for his first voyage across the Atlantic. Venturing further afield you’ll get the chance to visit the spectacular National Park of Garajonay.
- Funchal, Madeira. On an extended stay, you can admire the stunning landscapes via the levada walking trails and explore the enchanting gardens, all before watching one of the world’s largest New Year’s fireworks displays from the decks of the Balmoral.
- La Coruna, Spain. The city of La Coruna is home to beautiful beaches, intriguing galleries and famous landmarks. It’s also the gateway to the UNESCO-listed Santiago de Compostela Cathedral.
- 5 days at sea.
Day 16: We cruise back into Southampton to meet your Door to Door service home.
- Door to Door Service
- Cabins are en-suite, air-conditioned and have TV, tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryer
- All meals throughout the cruise from 5 course a la carte dining to casual buffets, afternoon tea & late night snacks
- All Inclusive drinks package
- Captain’s drinks party and gala buffet
- Evening entertainment including cabaret shows, live music & dancing
- Use of leisure facilities and a wide range of daytime activities & lectures
- Crew gratuities
- Port taxes
Please note – we do not include shore excursions.
Full details will be sent in advance.
Single cabin supplement: Please ask us for details
Ocean view porthole window supplement from: £400 per person
Ocean view picture window supplement from: £670 per person
Superior ocean view picture window from: £1120 per person
Back to top