Bordeaux Region River Cruise
Two great rivers and the Gironde Estuary. A complex and colourful mosaic of scenery, textures and moods. Come and join us as we explore this rich and diverse region.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to our tour coach for the journey to Folkestone and the Eurotunnel crossing to Calais. We will continue south for our overnight stay near Rouen.
Day 2: After breakfast, we continue our journey to Bordeaux where we board our ship in time to settle in to our cabins before our welcome cocktail and introduction to the crew.
Highlights of the cruise include:
- Sail the Garonne, joining the Gironde and passing Cazeau Island and Patiras Island before arriving in Paulliac - the capital of the Medoc wine region.
- Visit the local vineyards in the Haut-Medoc.
- Excursion along the Corniche, or cliff route. Narrow and picturesque, the road snakes alongside the River Dordogne before reaching the Gironde estuary.
- Visit the village of Bourg, a charming city built on a rocky outcrop enclosed by medieval ramparts.
- Visit the citadel and fortifications at Blaye; a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2008.
- Sail along the River Dordogne to Libourne. Visit the underground monuments and medieval city of St. Emilion together with the Troglodyte settlement, the cave of Emilion and a wine tasting.
- Guided city tour of Bordeaux. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we start with a panoramic tour of the city to see the key buildings and monuments before we continue on foot for a tour of the Old Town
- Guided visit to the Chateau de Roquetaillade, a magnificent and prestigious medieval castle, listed as a 12th century historic monument.
- Guided tour of the city of Cadillac – famous for its sweet dessert wine.
Day 8: Disembark after breakfast and enjoy a day touring the beautiful Dordogne Valley by coach to Sarlat. Time here for lunch before we continue up the valley as far as Souilac and head north to the Limoges region for an overnight stay.
Day 9: Our journey continues as far as the medieval city of Bourges – once the capital of France. We will make a stop for lunch before continuing north to the Rouen region for our overnight stay.
Day 10: Following breakfast we travel to Calais for our Eurotunnel crossing and your Door to Door service home.
Ms Princess d'Aquitane
A two deck ship with 69 cabins and carries 138 passengers. Facilities include lounge bar with dance floor, bar, restaurant, sundeck with deck chairs and shop. Cabins are en-suite, air-conditioned and have picture or porthole window, hairdryer, satellite TV and safe. Wi-Fi is available on board.Back to top