Blists Hill Victorian Town & The Ironbridge Gorge
Step back in time at this famous World Heritage Site, birthplace of the Industrial Revolution, with a visit to Blists Hill. Experience the atmosphere of a bygone era and you will be treated to an array of traditional celebrations and have a chance to do some unusual Christmas shopping.
* Comfortable Country House Hotel
* Ironbridge Gorge
* Admission to Blists Hill Victorian Town
Buckatree Hall Hotel ~ 3 Star
This 3-star hotel is a renowned comfortable country house with its own mature gardens and private lake. All of the bedrooms are en-suite with television and tea/coffee making facilities and many of them enjoy scenic views of the hotel’s own lake & gardens. The hotel offers a restaurant, lounge & bar. Lift, doesn’t serve all floors.
- Friday: After being picked up from home we enjoy our outward journey making suitable stops en-route to the hotel.
- Saturday: We leave the hotel and make the short drive into the Ironbridge Gorge and Ironbridge Village, location of the famous bridge. After a short time here, we make our way to Blists Hill Victorian Town where we enjoy the rest of the day to explore. Travel back over 100 years to the age of steam as you experience the sights, sounds and smells of the Victorian age. Blists Hill Victorian Town is a recreation of a Victorian working town, complete with shops, cottages and workplaces. Later in the afternoon we return to the hotel.
- Sunday: Following breakfast this morning we leave the hotel and make our way to the lovely market town of Shrewsbury, with its higgledy-piggledystreets with names you’ll want to say out loud. We spend some free time here before continuing our journey home.