Arundel Castle & Chichester
Set high on a hill in West Sussex, Arundel Castle commands the landscape with magnificent views across the South Downs and the River Arun. One of the longest inhabited country houses in England with many original features such as the crenellated Norman Keep, gatehouse and barbican. Chichester is one of the great well-preserved Georgian cities in the UK with its broad streets packed with listed buildings headed by the towering presence of Chichester Cathedral.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Admission to Arundel Castle
- Cathedral City of Chichester
- Portsmouth & Gunwharf Quays
- Sussex Coast & Brighton
- We make our way to Chichester with its magnificent cathedral, Roman Walls and medieval heart, where we have time to explore. In the afternoon we make our visit to mighty Arundel Castle, seat of the Dukes of Norfolk. Built in the 11th century the castle has been restored and added to over the centuries to become the superb castle you see today.
- We follow the coast road to Worthing and Hove before continuing to the famous resort of Brighton where we spend the rest of the day. Enjoy a seafront stroll, explore the unique Lanes – a trendy area with cafes, bars and shops – or maybe take time to visit the Royal Pavilion (not included in the cost).
- We head west to maritime Portsmouth. Maybe take time to visit the Historic Dockyard, home of ‘Victory’ and ‘Mary Rose’ (not included in the cost) or take time to visit the Old Town. A visit to Gunwharf Quays is a must, with an array of excellent shops, bars & restaurants and home to the awesome Emirates Spinnaker Tower.
Langstone Hotel, Hayling Island
The 4 star standard Langstone Hotel is a stunningly individualistic hotel situated on the south coast between Portsmouth and Chichester on the northern shore of Hayling Island. All of the bedrooms are en-suite and have satellite TV, radio, telephone, hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant, bar, indoor swimming pool, sauna & jacuzzi. Lift.Back to top