Amsterdam To Avignon River Cruise , Europe North To South
Cruise from the North Sea to the Mediterranean on board two premium ships. Learn all about the rich architectural and cultural diversities offered by two mighty European rivers – the Rhine and the Rhone.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Amsterdam. On arrival, our local coach will transfer us to the MS Douce France, our premium ship and our home for the next 6 nights.
During the cruise, the following is included:
- Guided tour of Amsterdam. A truly delightful and grand city with a rich and fascinating history. Discover its traditional architecture, the De Gooyer Mill and its famous flower market.
- Excursion to Haarlem. Dutch Haarlem dates back to Gothic times and this is reflected in its architecture and cobbled streets.
- Guided tour of the open-air museum in Arnhem, which focuses on the cultures associated with the lives of ordinary people.
- Guided tour of Cologne. At the crossroads of Europe since the Middle Ages, Cologne has retained its importance as a vibrant commercial and industrial city, as well as a cultural and religious centre.
- Guided walking tour of Mainz and a visit to the Gutenberg Museum. This world-famous museum of book printing, houses two copies of the Gutenberg Bible, the first major book printed with moveable type in the West.
- Guided tour of Strasbourg, home of the European Parliament and on the French-German border. Strasbourg’s historic city centre was classified a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1988.
- Transfer by coach between Basel and Chalon-Sur-Soane to join the premium ship MS Van Gogh on the Rhone River, our ship for the next 4 nights.
- Guided tour of Lyon. You will discover the second largest city in France, situated at the confluence of the Rhone and the Saone. A panoramic tour highlights the main attractions and monuments of the city. We'll then have some time in the old part of the city to wander through the passageways.
- Enjoy a guided tour of Tournon. Visiting the imposing Castle-Museum of Tournon-sur-Rhone, one of the finest castles in the Ardèche region. Visit concludes with a tasting of regional produce and wines.
- Guided tour of Arles. Discover an important cultural city, crammed with Gallo-Roman remains and a remarkably well-preserved Roman arena.
- Welcome cocktails on joining your ships. Variety of on board and themed entertainment courtesy of your crew.
Day 11: Disembark after breakfast and coach transfer to Marseille Airport for your flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
Cruise itinerary is subject to change due to sailing schedules.
MS Douce France & MS Van Gogh
Facilities onboard these premium vessels include lounge bar with dance floor, bar, dining room, gift shop and large sundeck with deck chairs. Cabins are en suite, air-conditioned and have hairdryer, satellite TV, picture or porthole window and safe. Wi-Fi is available on board. Both ships were completely refurbished in 2017. Both are 2 deck ships with 55 cabins each and carry 100-110 passengers.Back to top