The Amalfi Coast, where picturesque villages and lemon groves cling to the sheer rock facing the sea; this is indeed a spectacular coastline. With its centuries of history and great natural beauty, there is a lot to discover and enjoy.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Italy. A local coach will transfer us to the Hotel Villa Romana, our base for the next 7 nights.
During your holiday, we will enjoy the following excursions:
- A guided walking tour of Minori, a small pleasant seaside town founded by ancient Roman aristocrats who chose Minori for its beauty and mild climate.
- Visit a traditional potter, see how Limoncello is made and explore the ruins of the Villa Romana.
- Scenic drive to visit the town of Sorrento which overlooks The Bay of Naples and offers stunning views over to Mount Vesuvius and the Island of Capri. Sorrento is known for its many churches, the 14th century cathedral and its winding lanes and alleyways.
- Visit to Amalfi and the town of Ravello, famous for its musical festival situated up in the mountains, overlooking the coast from Minori to Maori.
- Rufolo and its beautiful gardens, which so inspired Wagner and from where you can admire one of the best panoramic views on the entire Amalfi coast. Time to visit the ancient cathedral, explore its narrow side streets and sample a ‘gelato’ in the main square.
- Hydrofoil crossing to the Island of Capri, a Mediterranean island renowned for its magical beauty with a mix of history, nature and style, loved by everyone from the Emperor Tiberius to Gracie Fields. Visits include both the towns of Capri and Anacapri. Please note, this excursion may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- Guided tour of Pompeii. Time to marvel at the excavated streets, amphitheatre, villa remains and bath house.
- 1 full free day to explore at your own pace or watch the world go by at a seaside café.
Day 8: Sadly we wave goodbye to the Amalfi Coast. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
Hotel Villa Romana
Hotel Villa Romana ****
This family run hotel is ideally located just a few minutes’ walk from the seafront promenade in Minori. All rooms are en-suite and air-conditioned with satellite TV, telephone, mini-bar, safe and hairdryer. Wi-Fi is available in the public areas. The restaurant serves traditional Italian cuisine.Back to top