A Taste Of East Anglia
A tour to East Anglia which concentrates on the tastes of the area at the Chocolate Lady of Steeple Bumpstead and the renowned Tiptree Jams in Essex, with a visit to the National Horseracing Heritage Centre to round off this holiday.
- Visit to Tiptree Jam inc. Cream Tea
- Visit to the Chocolate Lady inc. Cream Tea
- National Horseracing Centre
- Lavenham & Bury St. Edmunds
- City of Ipswich
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Best Western Ipswich Hotel ~ 4 Star
The Best Western Ipswich Hotel nestles in the quaint village of Copdock just outside historic Ipswich. All of the bedrooms are en-suite and have TV, telephone and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant and a comfortable bar overlooking the walled garden. Lift.
- We begin our day with a drive to the medieval village of Lavenham in the heart of Suffolk where we have chance to explore this historic gem. Following our time here we continue to the picture postcard villages of Cavendish & Clare and on to the village of Steeple Bumpstead where we visit the Chocolate Lady. Here we learn the art of making handmade chocolates. We then enjoy an included cream tea before heading back to the hotel.
- We head south into Essex and on to our included visit to Wilkin’s Tiptree Jam Museum, Tea Room & Shop. While we are here, we enjoy another cream tea before making our way into Ipswich for free time to explore.
- We begin with a drive to Newmarket – Home of the Horseracing Centre where we learn all about the history of ‘The Sport of Kings’. Following this visit we head for Bury St. Edmunds, with its connections to Dickens, where we spend the rest of the day.