A Journey Through The Baltic States
- Duration: 10 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TELL8091
- Travel Type: Air
On this holiday we visit Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia with time in the historic capitals of each of them. We also have excursions to diverse locations in and around each city.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Lithuania. On arrival in Vilnius, a local coach will transfer us to the Best Western Vilnius Hotel.
Highlights of the holiday include:
- City tour of Vilnius. Make your acquaintance with the romantic Old Town whilst walking along its narrow winding streets and marvel at the exciting architecture and historic monuments.
- Visit the small town of Trakai situated mostly on a 2km long peninsula with attractive old wooden houses. Visit Trakai Castle, a red brick Gothic castle dating back to the early 15th century, built as a mighty fortress against the Crusaders and later served as a residence of the Lithuanian Dukes.
- The Hill of Crosses, a place of pilgrimage for hundreds of years with over 100,000 individual crosses. Visit the 18th century Rundale Palace and Parks, the former summer residence of the Duke of Kurland.
- Guided city tour of Riga including the Dome Cathedral, the Church of St Peter, the old guild houses, the Swedish Gate as well as other significant sights.
- Jurmala, a Baltic Sea spa resort where you can enjoy the beautiful sandy beaches or take a walk to see the charming wooden summer cottages decorated with fascinating carvings dating back to 1900’s.
- Visit to the picturesque town of Sigulda which is located in the Guaja River Valley and visit the 13th century Crusader Castle and the 19th century Kropotkin’s Palace.
- Turaida Castle with a relaxing stroll through the sculpture park dedicated to Latvian folklore. Please note that this excursion involves considerable walking so comfortable shoes are recommended.
- A leisurely free day to relax and enjoy the city of Riga.
- En-route to Tallinn, visit the Ethnographical Open Air Museum to see the Latvian rural buildings, the oldest ones dating back to the 17th century and enjoy a drive along the Baltic Coast to the town of Parnu.
- City tour of Tallinn passing the ruins of St Brigitta’s Convent, Maarjamae Palace, Russalka and the memorial monument of Estonia’s shipwreck. In the lower old town you will see the ancient St Nicolas Church and the medieval town hall and square.
- Laahema National Park which covers 480 square km of typical North Estonian seascapes. Visiting Palmse and Sagadi Manor, the fishing village of Altja and Vosu one of the best known resorts of North Estonia.
Day 10: Sadly we say goodbye to the Baltics. Our local coach will transfer us to Tallinn Airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
Best Western Vilnius Hotel, Vilnius, Lithuania ****
A modern hotel within walking distance of the old town. Modern air conditioned rooms feature standard facilities & tea/coffee provisions. Wi-Fi is available throughout.
Radisson Blu Latvija, Riga, Latvia ****
This hotel offers premier accommodation in a visually stunning sky-rise structure with commanding views over the city. The comfortable bedrooms feature mini-bar, tea & coffee provisions, Wi-Fi and air-conditioning.
Radisson Blu Olumpia, Tallinn, Estonia ****
This stylish hotel is tucked into the bustling city centre. Air-conditioned rooms include safe, mini-bar, tea & coffee provisions, hairdryer, iron & ironing board and Wi-Fi.Back to top