Polar Express & The Great Santa Adventure - Premium Package
2 Days Away
A magical two-day trip for the whole family - featuring not one, but two visits to ‘The North Pole’! Help save Santa in an interactive festive fun-filled show at Viva Blackpool, followed by an immersive journey aboard The Polar Express departing from Bolton Abbey Station. You’ll enjoy one night’s dinner, bed and breakfast at the Grand Hotel, Blackpool – perfectly placed overlooking the famous promenade which at this time of year will be lit up like a Christmas tree!
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Modern coach travel with reserved seating
- One night dinner, bed and breakfast at the Grand Hotel, Blackpool
- Saturday - Entrance to The Great Santa Adventure - live at Viva Blackpool
- Sunday - Journey aboard the Polar Express Train on the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Railway including Golden Ticket, Hot Chocolate, Cookie and Believe Bell.
- Each premium ticket holder will receive a Polar Express branded ceramic mug.
All passengers can wear pyjamas on the train to make the journey even more magical.
The Great Santa Adventure - Go to The North Pole of Blackpool and help save Christmas. An interactive festive fun-filled adventure for the whole family, live at Viva Blackpool.
The Polar Express Train Ride, Empsay & Bolton Abbey Steam, Yorkshire - This magical train departs from Bolton Abbey Station in Skipton, and heads directly to The North Pole. Music, hot chocolate and cosy PJs – it will be a magical, immersive experience for the whole family!
The Grand Hotel - Overlooking the North Shore Beach and famous promenade, the Grand Hotel is ideally located for enjoying the best of Blackpool - especially at this time of year when the illuminations make it extra magical!
The Polar Express Train Ride, YorkshireThe Polar Express Train Ride, Yorkshire“ALL ABOARD!”
To the North Pole, of course! This is the Polar Express!
Brought to you by Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam, the Polar Express Train Ride departs from Bolton Abbey Station in Skipton, Yorkshire and heads directly to The North Pole. Music, hot chocolate, cosy PJs – it will be a magical experience for the whole family!
One thing about trains: it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on.
What better way to get into the festive spirit than stepping into the most magical Christmas film ever made? As soon as the Polar Express doors open, you’ll set off on your own journey to The North Pole, immersed in iconic moments from the film and the characters themselves coming to life all around you - including the conductor, the singing chefs, the hobo and of course, Father Christmas.
Here we only got one rule. Never, ever let it cool.
Hot chocolate, and other highlights of your journey:
- You’ll be served rich, sweet hot chocolate complete with chocolate cookie, by singing and dancing chefs.
- The dancing chefs will tell the classic Christmas tale ‘The Polar Express’ by Chris Van Allsberg.
- You’ll be presented with your first gift of Christmas: your very own silver sleigh bell, by Santa and one of his elves!
- Stock up on last-minute gifts and merchandise at the gift shop once your journey’s over, at the magical gift shop.
Blackpool IlluminationsBlackpool Illuminations
The 3.5 million annual visitors will experience a different Blackpool – a world of lit-up buildings, fairground rides, lamp posts and trams. One where its promenade, three piers and iconic tower are flashing in rainbow colours, lights, and sound. You can even add to the six miles of madness with your own light-up novelty from the prom’s street sellers.
Polar Express Empsay & Bolton Abbey - Carousel
Santa Adventure - Viva - Carousel
Blackpool Illuminations 2020 carousel NEW - USE THIS ONE
The Grand Hotel, Blackpool Carousel
Blackpool Christmas CarouselBack to top
The Grand Hotel, Blackpool The Grand Hotel, BlackpoolWhat a location!
The Grand Hotel is located on Blackpool’s North Shore seafront promenade, over the road from a tram stop which will take you directly to Church Street. If you fancy a walk, you will reach Church Street in around 20 minutes and Blackpool Tower in 15 – sea views all the way!
One of the most stylish and modern hotels in Blackpool
Prominent on the seafront, the 278-room red brick Brittania-run hotel is very large. Looking at its Cosmopolitan-style, modern interior - you can tell it's ex-Hilton, and it’s one of the most stylish and modern hotels you’ll find in the UK’s most popular seaside resort.
The facilities are very good
The Grand offers a large, spacious restaurant with sea views and 75% of bedrooms overlooking the sea. Some even have views over the famous Blackpool Tower and the Blackpool Illuminations (September – January). If you’re looking for a place to stay where you can keep up your fitness goals or relax and unwind – there are full leisure facilities available to hotel guests including a fitness centre, an indoor pool, and a sauna and steam room.
Insider info - the hotel has its own resident entertainment team!
- All bedrooms with en-suite facilities
- In the room: Tea and coffee making facilities, TV, Hairdryer
- Entertainment suites with cabaret
- Lounge with light bites and drinks
- On-site bar with indoor and outdoor seating
- Large, spacious restaurant with sea views
- Room service available
- Free Wi-Fi in public areas and bedrooms
- Full leisure facilities: fitness centre, indoor pool, sauna and steam room
- Accessible lift to all floors
- Accessible rooms
- Car parking - to pay for