Waddesdon Manor - National Trust Gold Coach
Waddesdon Manor, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Travel in the comfort of on one of our luxury GOLD coaches.
Timed entry booked for 2pm.
Share an enchanting day out with family and friends this Christmas. Join us for an outdoor extravaganza that will brighten the end of your year. 14 Nov 2020 - 3 Jan 2021.
Christmas at Waddesdon is back with magical lights and the gardens aglow. Join us for festive fun with our enchanting outdoor extravaganza that will brighten the end of your year.
Your Grounds admission ticket for Christmas at Waddesdon includes access to:
* Christmas Fair with 70 chalets for handmade gifts
* Winter Light trail will transform the Pleasure Grounds with dramatic colour and playful installations. Stroll under the stars beneath magically illuminated tree canopies transformed by moving light. Look out for the valley of flickering flames creating a sea of fire, and dozens of suspended orbs in a walk-through musical light show.
* Manor illuminations
* When You Wish Upon a Star trail, walk down Miss Alice's Drive from the Woodland Café to the Stables to see a display of lanterns and stars decorated by local schoolchildren on a theme of hope, and our annual schools lightbox competition.
* Parallels immersive performance in the Coach House is a light in motion creation of colourful pipes that twist and turn in an immersive performance set to a soundscape.
* Step inside giant twinkling LED baubles and capture a special festive moment. The perfect photo opportunity to share and remember.
As the sun goes down, walk a light trail around the Pleasure Grounds with dramatic colour and playful installations. Watch the Manor façade bathed in light set to music and encounter Parallels, a mesmerising light installation at the Stables. So as twilight falls you'll see the gardens sparkle even more brightly with spectacular light displays bringing our extraordinary landscape to life.
Our spectacular Christmas fair at the front of the house (with COVID Safety measures) is a Christmas shopping experience not to be missed. Soak up the sights, smells and sounds of Christmas with our hand-selected stalls all housed in charming wooden chalets, surrounded by twinkling trees.We have an exciting variety of high-quality, unique gifts, decorations, crafts and festive foods and the 70 chalets will change from week to week.
The fair will be set against the backdrop of the floodlit North Front of the Manor with its 20ft Christmas trees.
Four generations of the Rothschild family have shaped and enhanced this house. (Please note: The House and Cellars will not be open this Christmas due to social distancing.) This renaissance-style château was built by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild to display his outstanding collection of art treasures and to entertain the fashionable world. The 45 rooms on view combine the highest quality French furniture and decorative arts from the 18th century with superb English portraits and Dutch Old Masters. The Victorian garden is considered one of the finest in Britain with its parterre, seasonal displays, fountains and statuary. At its heart lies the aviary, stocked with species once part of Baron Ferdinand's collection.
This property is owned by the National Trust. Members pay an entry fee and book coach only.
(Please note that there will be no courier service on the coach).
Depart for home approx 18.30
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.