London - Tower Of London - Superbloom
The Tower Of London
Special Event: Superbloom flooding the moat with flowers - 1st June to 18th September 2022.
Come and celebrate the Platinum Jubilee of Her Majesty the Queen at the Tower of London, where a spectacular, colourful, vibrant field of flowers will fill and transform the Tower's moat - Superbloom, flooding the moat with flowers.
We have three options for you to book:
1. ticket to visit all the attractions at the Tower of London including Superbloom where you will walk through the flowers in the moat, or
2. ticket to just enjoy the Superbloom experience and walk through the flowers in the moat (excludes entry to The Tower of London)
3. travel with us coach only, and do your own thing upon arrival.
In spring 2022, over 20 million seeds will be sown in the moat from carefully designed seed mixes. From 1st June to 18th September, the flower display will erupt into new colours and patterns creating a dramatic and engaging experience. Designed to attract pollinators, 'Superbloom' will bring a spectacular natural beauty to the urban space and introduce a new biodiverse habitat for wildlife. It will celebrate the value of nature for our wellbeing.
Visitors can wander along a weaving path into the centre of the flowers. A specially commissioned sound installation and sculptural elements will draw visitors in and make you feel at home amongst the bees and butterflies. Take a moment to slow down and experience the nature that surrounds you.
Discover its 900 - year history as a royal palace and fortress, prison and place of execution, mint, arsenal, menagerie and jewel house. Founded nearly a millennium ago and expanded upon over the centuries since, the Tower of London has protected, housed, imprisoned and been for many the last sight they saw on Earth. It has been the seat of British government and the living quarters of monarchs ... the site of renown political intrigue, and the repository of the Crown Jewels ... It has housed lions, bears, and (to this day) flightless ravens ... not to mention notorious traitors and framed members of court, lords and ministers, clergymen and knights.
Things to see and do::
* join one of the famous Yeoman Warder tours and hear exciting tales from the Tower's past
* visit the Crown Jewels, one of the unmissable highlights of a visit to the Tower of London
* visit the White Tower built by William the Conqueror, which today houses displays from the Royal Armouries' collection
* experience the history of the Tower through live costumed re-enactments (timings vary)
* see the famous ravens next to the White Tower; explore the story of how the Tower was attacked and defended in our interactive Fortress displays
* walk through the surprisingly rich colours and comfortable furnishings of the Medieval Palace
* decide who murdered the Little Princes in the Bloody Tower
* see instruments of torture in the Lower Wakefield Tower
* discover the extraordinary prisoner graffiti in the Beauchamp Tower
* visit Traitors' Gate where prisoners accused of treason are supposed to have passed through, including Queen Elizabeth I
On site facilities include the New Armouries Restaurant. Audio guides available to hire.
Prices shown on Screen Include Entry Tickets - Child Fare: Under 16
Depart for home approx. 17.30
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.