PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Included In CostIncluded in Cost
- Coach travel
- 4 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
- entrance to Penrhyn Castle & Gardens
- entrance to Snowdon Visitor Centre – Sept tour only
- cruise to Puffin Island
- return diesel rail journey on Snowdon Mountain Railway
- entrance to National Slate Museum
ImageSnowdonia courtesy of Wales Tourist Board
ImagePenrhyn Castle - crown copyright (2014) visit wales
Day 1 Morning departure to Llanberis for a four night stay.
Days 2 to 4 We have included the following excursions:-
- To Llandudno by way of Betws-y-Coed and the Vale of Conwy. In the afternoon visit Penrhyn Castle – an enormous 19th century neo-Norman Castle crammed with fascinating items, elaborate carvings, furniture, paintings and gardens.
- To Caernarfon, with free time to stroll round this historic town with its famous castle. Then over the Menai Straight to the Isle of Anglesey. Taking a photo stop at the impressive Beaumaris Castle, before joining a 11⁄2 hour cruise around Puffin Island in an open top boat. Home to an abundance of wildlife, the puffin being just one of the many species of bird that may be seen and perhaps the chance of sighting grey seals and also bottle nose dolphins.
- Today is a journey to the rooftop of Wales. A scenic 4.7 mile rail journey from Llanberis to Snowdon’s summit, the highest peak in Wales. At 3506ft it dominates the landscape with stunning views. At the summit there is a state of the art visitor centre with restaurant and a path leading to Snowdon’s crest. Afterwards visit the National Slate Museum, travel back to Victorian times and see the workshops, split a slate and hear the stories into the hardships of quarry life.
Day 5 After breakfast, say ‘hwyl fawr’ and commence the homeward journey.
Your Holiday Hotel The Royal Victoria
The hotel is located close to Llanberis and nestled between the twin lakes of Padarn and Peris at the foot of Snowdon. Surrounded by breath-taking views and set within 30 acres of gardens and woodland, which includes the historic castle of Dolbadarn. All bedrooms are en- suite with TV, telephone, hairdryer, iron and tea/coffee making facilities. Lift to some floors, bar, lounge and restaurant4
5 Single rooms with no supplement
Holiday insurance £24.50 (70 years and over £44.00)