The Tuscan Riviera And Florence
10 Day Tour - Tour No AC8034
A tour based on the Tuscan Riviera, visiting some of the great Tuscan Cities, combining seaside & culture, as well as a nightly free bar.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
ItineraryPisa - photo by Tahbepet
Day 1 Early departure to Dover for the ferry to Calais and on to the Dijon area for an overnight stop. (dinner not included).
Day 2 Continuing the journey into Italy and the Aosta Valley, with spectacular views of the high mountains. Arriving at the seaside resort of Lido di Camaiore for a seven night stay.
Days 3 to 8 Lido di Camaiore is surrounded by the northern Appennines Mountains and a beautiful sandy beach 4kms long. You will have two free days at leisure to enjoy your surroundings, to relax or make your own way by bus to the nearby villages of Petrasanta at the foothills of the Apuan Alps, Forte dei Marmi or Viareggio. We have included the following excursions to enhance your stay:
● An excursion to nearby Lucca, surrounded by a massive city wall, now lined with trees and a footpath. It is also the birthplace of Puccini, the Italian composer, whose operas include Tosca and Madame Butterfly. Explore the Duomo of San Martino, Church of San Frediano and the Manzi Palace or perhaps enjoy a coffee in one of the many piazzas.
● A day tour to Siena, and one of Italy’s loveliest medieval cities. The city sits over three hills and distinguished by its medieval brick buildings and central piazza known as Il Campo, which is dominated by the red Palazzo Pubblico and its tower. View the interior of the beautiful Gothic Duomo and see the crypt, baptistery and museum, or stroll the alleyways and admire all the other museums and churches that this city has to offer.
● Day tour to Pisa, best known for its iconic leaning tower. Already tilting when it was completed in 1372, the 56m white marble cylinder is the bell tower of the Romanesque, striped-marble Duomo and Bapistry that rises next to it in the Piazza dei Miracoli, a grassy walled square. After admiring the tower, stroll along the Arno River passing by the Clock Palace and enter into Piazza dei Cavalieri, once the heart of the city.
● Travel to Florence, the capital of Tuscany where you will find museums, palaces and churches housing some of the greatest artistic treasure in the world. The most popular include the Uffizi, the Bargello and the Accademia where the real Michelangelo’s “David” is displayed. Visit San Lorenzo with a magnificent exhibition of Michelangelo’s architectural genius. Wander round some of the oldest streets in the city passing the Piazzo del Duomo over the Ponte Vecchio to the Palazzo Pitti and the Bolboli Gardens. (depending on numbers you will travel into Florence either by train or coach).
Days 9 Time to depart and return to Dijon for an overnight stop (dinner not included).
Days 10 Breakfast, then commence the homeward journey.
Included in costIncluded in cost
● Coach travel
● return ferry crossings
● 2 overnights bed & breakfast
● 7 nights dinner, bed & buffet breakfast
● welcome drink
● tea/water/American coffee (no cappuccino) available all day, self service
● FREE BAR from 6pm to 10pm with a selection of local brands of spirits, house wine, beers and soft drinks
ImageFlorence - by Bryangeek
ImageLucca - courtesy James Temple
ImagePisa Back to top