The Dordogne - Courier Conducted
8 Day Tour - Tour Number AC8009
Stunning scenery awaits you, from towering cliffs and rocks with medieval villages clinging to the sheer sides, of lazy rivers passing through beautiful unspoilt scenery, castles and pretty towns. With a reputation for good food and wine, you have everything that you need.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
ItineraryRocamadour by Phillip C
Day 1 Morning departure to Dover for the ferry crossing to Calais and on to an overnight stop.
Day 2 Today travel through the French countryside to the small village of Rocamadour for a stay of five nights. It is an important pilgrimage destination with a shrine to Madonna, which became famous for its healing powers. It is also famous because of the beautiful and dramatic setting.
Days 3 to 6 At leisure in Rocamadour. We have included three excursions during your stay and you will also enjoy a free day at leisure to explore on your own.
● Three Valleys Tour: Drive through the Vers Valley following the River Lot to Saint Cirq Lapopie. Perched on a cliff above the Lot it is one of the most beautiful villages in France. Return via the Cele Gorge and the Chause de Gramat.
● Day tour along the ‘Vallee de la Dordogne’ in the area called the Pericord Noir. Where you can admire the Chateaux of Belcastel and La Treyne. At Sarlat you will be met by a local guide for a tour of the town through enchanting alleys with unique architectural heritage. Continuing the tour with a cruise on the Dordogne river in a flat bottom boat, a type used in the middle ages for transporting goods.
● Day tour that will take you to the Gouffre de Padirac, a natural 75 metre chasm on the limestone plateau of the Causse de Gramat. Descend underground by lift, where at 103 metres underground you join a boat for a trip on the river, and a guided tour of the caves. The day tour continues to Collonges La Rouge a village of Renaissance houses built entirely of red sandstone, and Turenne a village dominated by the ruins of the original castle. Return via Martel the town of seven towers, from the 12th century.
Day 7 Depart after breakfast to return to an overnight stop. Day 8 Breakfast, then commence the homeward journey.
Included in costIncluded In Cost
- ● Coach travel
● ferry crossings
● 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
● wine and coffee with dinner in
● guided tour of Sarlat
● admission to the Gouffre de Padirac
● river cruise
ImageDordogne River by Jean Malburet
ImageCollonges La Rouge - Atout France
ImageCourtesy chateaubelcastel.com Back to top