The Costa Brava - Tossa De Mar
10 Day Tour- Tour Number AC4014
A new resort for summer 2024, Tossa de Mar, one of the most emblematic and photographed towns on the Costa Brava. One of the main reasons for the town’s interest is its spectacular fortified medieval centre, and the town is practically isolated from the neighbouring towns due to the rugged landscape of cliffs, small coves and countless corners of great natural beauty.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Included in costIncluded in cost
- Coach travel
- return ferry crossings
- 2 nights bed & breakfast in France
- city tax
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
- welcome drink
- city tax
- programme of entertainment daily
- evening entertainment each night
- guided tour of Barcelona
ImagesTossa De Mar
ImagesCosta Brava Coastline
ImagesLloret De Mar - Mahmad Freepik
ItineraryDay 1 Early morning departure for the journey to Dover and the sea crossing to Calais. Travelling on to Dijon (or similar) for an overnight stop (bed & breakfast).
Day 2 Departing Dijon for the journey on through France and into Spain and the coastal resort of Tossa de Mar for a seven night stay.
Days 3 to 8 Tossa de Mar at leisure. Located on the Girona coast between the city of Barcelona and the French border. Once an ancient fishermen’s village with an important historical background which has now been transformed into a tourist destination on the Costa Brava. With two days at leisure you can explore its landscape, beaches and monuments, and we have also included the following excursions: -
- A half day tour along the Costa Brava coast through San Feliu to the modern cosmopolitan town of Platja D’Aro
- A half day to the pretty town of Tordera in the Montnegre National Park. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of the local market with a variety of goods on sale.
- A half day to Lloret de Mar, known for its Mediterranean beaches. The medieval hilltop Castle of Sant Joan offers views over the area, and the central Iglesia de Sant Roma church provides examples of both Catalan Gothic and modern architecture. During your visit there will be a chance to participate in some local wine tasting (payable locally).
- A day tour to Girona beside the River Onyar. A city known for its medieval architecture, walled Old Quarter and the remains of the Roman Forca Vella Fortress. Take a stroll through the old town, visit the museums the historic buildings or just enjoy a coffee in one of the many cafes or restaurants. Then continue to Banyoles, which is in the vicinity of the Volcanic Zone of La Garrotxa Nature Reserve and surrounded by green hills. Visit some of the heritage sites or just enjoy a stroll beside the lake.
- A day tour to the amazing city of Barcelona with so much to see and do. We have included a guide, to enhance your visit, who will show you some of the famous sights including the Sagrada Familia. Take a stroll along Las Ramblas, famous for its cafes and restaurants, or the beach and marina.
- A half day tour to Blanes, known as the ‘Gateway to the Costa Brava’, a very popular resort with the beautiful beach of San Francesc.
Day 9 Departing Tossa de Mar for the return journey to Dijon (or similar) and the overnight stop. (bed & breakfast).
Day 10 After breakfast, depart the hotel and commence the homeward journey.
Your Holiday Hotel Golden Bahia Hotel
Located close to the town and to one of the best beaches in the Mediterranean. All bedrooms are en-suite with TV, telephone, hairdryer, balcony, WiFi, fridge, air-conditioning/heating and tea/coffee making facilities. Lift, bars, lounge bar, several restaurants, reading rooms and terraces. Four swimming pools and mini golf. Use of the indoor pool and Jacuzzi is free of charge. However, you have to pay approx. €10 per person to use the saunas, tropical showers and ice baths etc and this is payable to the hotel.
Overnight Hotel : All bedrooms are en-suite and the hotel has an on-site restaurant.
Single room supplement £205
Pool view twins/doubles on request £39 per person
Pool view singles on request £78
Holiday insurance £38.50 (70 years and over £66.50)Back to top