The Beautiful Wye Valley
5 Days - Tour No AB8130
This tour takes in some of the wondrous scenery that the Wye Valley has to offer with visits to some of the most iconic historical and architectural sites of South Wales.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
ImagesCourtesy of Forest of Dean Heritage Museum
ImagesWye Valley Boat Trip
Included in costIncluded in cost
● Coach travel
● 4 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
● welcome drink reception first night
● one night with pub quiz/bingo
● entrance to Tintern Abbey
● entrance to Deans Heritage Centre
● entrance to Eastnor Castle
● Wye boat trip
Holiday ItineraryCourtesy of Forest of Dean District Council
Day 1 Morning departure for the journey to Ross-on-Wye and the hotel for a four night stay
Days 2 to 4 We have included the following excursions:
● Morning visit to Tintern Abbey, the best preserved medieval abbey in Wales, set in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Followed by a visit to the Abbey Mill Wye Valley Craft Centre. Continue on to Chepstow, dominated by the oldest surviving stone castle in Britain for some free time before returning to the hotel.
● A scenic drive round The Forest of Dean by way of Lydney Harbour and including a visit to the Dean Heritage Museum and galleries with its array of attractions. Continue on to Symonds Yat where you will have some of the best views of the Wye Valley scenery. We have also included a boat trip before returning to the hotel.
● Travel to Ledbury, full of timber-framed buildings for you to admire. Stroll down Chuch Lane, a much photographed cobbled medieval street containing the Heritage Centre. Afterwards a visit to Eastnor Castle with its stunning interior, ground and lake.
Day 5 Breakfast, then commence the homeward journey.Back to top