PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Included in Cost
- Coach travel
- return ferry crossings
- 4 nights bed & breakfast
- 3 evening meals
- lunch in hotel on one day
- welcome soft drink on arrival
- tea/coffee after dinner
- a one hour cruise ‘Across the Capital’
- entrance to the Palace of Versailles and Gardens with a guide for half a day
- headsets for Versailles
- entrance to the Chateaux de Vaux-le-Vicomte candlelit evening & fireworks
- entrance to Monet’s Garden
Imagecourtesy of foundation claude monet
ItineraryDay 1 Morning departure for the journey to Dover for the crossing to Calais and the hotel for a four night stay.
Days 2 to 4 We have included the following excursions for you to enjoy:-
- Palace of Versailles Today you will visit the beautiful Palace and Gardens of Versailles, where we have included a guided tour to enhance your visit. The Palace is considered to be one of the most magnificent achievements of 18th century French architecture and design. The awe-inspiring Hall of Mirrors, the most famous room in the Palace and astonishingly beautiful palatial grounds. The many water features are an important part of French gardens and are the highlight of France’s most famous Chateaux. Time to explore, obtain lunch at one of the many eateries within the gardens and the town before returning to the hotel.
- Chateaux de Vaux-le-Vicomte Spend the morning at leisure and enjoy lunch at the hotel before boarding your coach to visit another beautiful Chateaux, Vaux le Vicomte. Firstly you will travel into Paris where you will enjoy a relaxing one hour cruise on the River Seine and free time before departing early evening to the Chateaux to spend time exploring this magical estate by the flickering lights of 2,000 candles before the night ends with a display of fireworks. Dinner can be enjoyed in the self-service restaurant during the evening (not included).
- Giverny & Vernon After an early breakfast this morning, travel to Monet’s country retreat in Giverny for a visit to the impressionist painter’s charming pink house and iconic gardens. Relax in the gardens at your leisure, admiring the Japanese bridge and famous waterlily pond. After the visit travel to the pretty neighbouring village of Vernon and discover over 200 half-timbered houses with ancient doors and carved timbers, wrought iron shop signs, cobbled paths and the famous Old Mill. Spend the afternoon exploring the church, museums, the village and the banks of the River Seine at leisure.
Holiday Hotel Novotel Saclay
This modern hotel has been built around a renovated farmhouse and courtyard and located in the countryside south of Paris. All bedrooms are en-suite with TV, hairdryer, WiFi and tea/coffee making facilities. Lift, bar/lounge, restaurant, gardens, outdoor pool and a large terrace area with plenty of seating
Single room supplement £135 (Double room for sole occupancy)
Holiday insurance £28.00 (70 years and over £47.00)
)Back to top