9 Days - Tour No OBE2020
Departing Sunday 13th September 2020
The world famous Passion play in Oberammergau, traditionally held every 10 years, is due to be performed again throughout the summer of 2020. In 1633, when the small Bavarian Village of Oberammergau was in the grip of a Plague its inhabitants vowed that if they were spared they would in future perform every ten years a Passion Play depicting Christ's bitter suffering. In 1634 the villagers fulfilled their solemn promise for the first time, and for hundreds of years since then despite dangers and threats they have loyally kept their vow.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Included in CostIncluded in Cost
● Coach travel
● ferry crossings
● hostess on board
● 2 overnight stays on dinner, bed & breakfast basis
● 2 nights accommodation in either a 3 star hotel or 4 star guesthouse/pension (to be advised nearer the time)
● 2x breakfast and 1 x dinner in Oberammergau
● 1 x light lunch before the play commences
● 1 x dinner during the play interval
● category 1 Passion Play performance ticket and English play text book
● shuttle bus to and from Oberammergau on
● 4 nights dinner, bed & breakfast in St Anton
● porterage and welcome drink in St Anton
● 1 x afternoon cake and strudel in St Anton
● St Anton card (allows free use of the St Anton cable car on your free day)
Day 1 Morning departure to Dover for the ferry crossing to Calais and onto your overnight stop in Forbach.
Day 2 Continue into Germany to Oberammergau or a nearby village for your 2 night stay.
Day 3 Breakfast at your hotel/guest house, then transfer to Oberammergau by shuttle bus for lunch before the passion play starts. Reserved ticket for the passion play (Category 1), Dinner during the play interval, then shuttle bus at the end of the play back to your hotel/guest house.
Day 4 Depart Oberammergau and travel to St Anton for a four night stay.
Day 5 Travelling to Bregenz, located on the southern shoreline of Lake Constance, and is the oldest city on the lake with its own floating theatre. Then continue on to Lindau in Germany with its beautiful harbour and cobbled streets with shops, restaurants and cafés.
Day 6 A free day in St Anton to explore the town, take a walk in the meadows or take a cable car high into the mountains and savour the magnificent views.
Day 7 Today you will travel to Ischgl, a town in the Paznaun Valley before travelling on the Silvretta High Alpine Road. The highest point of the road is 2,032m where you will enjoy splendid views of the Piz Buin. Enjoy lunch at the top or take a stroll along the reservoir before returning through the Montafon Valley.
Day 8 Time to leave scenic Austria and return back to the Saarbrücken area for your overnight stay.
Day 9 Breakfast, then commence the homeward journey.Back to top