PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
imageCourtesy of Seaton Tramway
Included in CostIncluded in Cost
- Coach travel
- 4 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
- tea/coffee upon arrival
- horse drawn barge ride
- single train ride on West Somerset railway
- return journey on the Seaton Tramway
- entrance to Abbotsbury
- Subtropical Gardens
Holiday ItineraryDunster (visit somerset)
Day 1 Morning departure for the journey by way of Cheddar Gorge to Tiverton and the hotel for a four night stay.
Days 2 to 4 We have included the following excursions to enhance your holiday:-
- Travel to Bishops Lydeard at the foot of the Quantock Hills for a train journey on the UK’s
longest heritage railway, the West Somerset Railway. Enjoy a relaxing journey through the stunning countryside to Minehead for free time and a chance for some lunch before returning to the hotel via Dunster.
- Today, make the short journey to Tiverton with historic houses, romantic castles and horse drawn barges. Set on the banks of the Great Western Canal, the town is full of history and heritage. After some free time join a gentle afternoon cruise along the canal by horse-drawn barge, enjoy the peace and tranquillity as you glide along.
- After breakfast depart for Exmouth for a visit before continuing to Seaton to join the famous Seaton Electric Tramway for a return journey to the village of Colyton through the scenic Axe Valley. Some free time is given before leaving Seaton at approx. 16.00 for the return journey to the hotel.
Day 5 After breakfast, depart the hotel and travel to Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, with a mixture of formal and informal flowers, world famous for its Camellia groves and magnolias. Time to visit the gift shop and enjoy lunch before commencing the homeward journey.
NewBack to top
Holiday Hotel Best Western Tiverton Hotel
A modern hotel set within its own two acre estate just outside Tiverton. All bedrooms are en-suite with TV, hairdryer, WiFi, iron/ironing board and tea/coffee making facilities. No lift, but there are plenty of ground floor rooms. Restaurant and bar.
Single room supplement £92
Holiday insurance £21.50 (70 years and over £34.00)