Italian Riviera & Diano Marina
10 Days - Tour No AW3055
A lovely base for you to enjoy the Italian Riviera, relax and explore the resort and partake in the excursions we have on offer.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
ImageDiano Marina (by Davide Papilani)
Included in CostIncluded in Cost
- Coach travel
- return ferry crossings
- 2 nights bed & breakfast
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
- 3 course meals with a 3 menu choice
- set menu first night
- salad buffet
- welcome drink
- mineral water, tea, American coffee (no cappuccino) all day, each day
- FREE BAR – from 18.00 hours to 22.00 hours with a selection of local brands of spirits, house wine, beer and soft drinks. (served by the glass)
ItineraryMonte Carlo By Martinp1 - commons.wikimedia.orgDay 1 Early morning departure for the journey to Dover for the ferry crossing to Calais and on to your overnight stop in the Dijon area. (NB: bed and breakfast only).
Day 2 Continuing south and crossing the border into Italy and on to Diano Marina for a seven night stay.
Days 3 to 8 During your stay you will have two free days at leisure to relax or explore. Take a stroll around the harbour area and the town. You could also use the local transport and visit Cervo, a medieval village and coast. The village is a very picturesque cluster of houses on a hill behind a small stony beach. It is officially classed as one of the ‘most beautiful villages in Italy’.
We have included the following excursions to enhance your visit to the area:-
- This morning you will travel to Imperia where you will visit the Olive Tree Museum and learn the history of the industry. You will then travel to Porto Maurizio for some free time and lunch before travelling to San Remo, with its palm-fringed shores and historic area, and affectionately known as the ‘city of flowers’.
- Short day to Ventimiglia, where Friday is market day. So head for the old market hall and marvel at the local produce, and wander round the street markets that line the town and seafront.
- Half day tour to the seaside resort of Alassio. From being a flourishing fishing village that it was to being one of the most elegant resorts on the Riviera, surrounded by trees and plants, by splendid villas on the lower hillside and with beautiful beaches.
- Day tour to Santa Margherita, a wonderfully old- fashioned resort for some free time before taking a boat to Portofino. A stunning fishing village with a cobbled square overlooking the harbour, lined with super yachts. From the square you will find arcades with shops and boutiques, restaurants and ice parlours which also surround the marina.
- Day tour to Monte Carlo, one of Europe’s leading tourist resorts, with so much to see and do.
Day 10 After breakfast, depart the hotel and commence the homeward journey.
ImagesSanta Margherta Back to top
Your Holiday Hotel Residence Hotel Mediterraneo
The hotel is located a short distance from the centre of Diano Marina and approx. 100m from the sea. All bedrooms are en-suite with satellite TV, safe, mini bar, WiFi and telephone. Lift, bar, TV room, restaurant, outdoor swimming pool with bar, a solarium, indoor garden and a private beach area.
All bedrooms are ensuite with TV.
NB there is a restaurant on site.
Single room supplement £145
Holiday insurance £34.00 (70 years and over £59.00)