Desirable Dolomites And Stunning South Tyrol
8 day - Tour No AC2020
With this packaged itinerary you will enjoy the best the destination has to offer with wine tastings, a typical Trentino dinner and the fantastic views and scenic drives. Also benefit from the included drinks package.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Included in CostIncluded in Cost
- Coach travel
- return ferry crossings
- 2 overnights dinner, bed & breakfast
- welcome glass of fruit juice on arrival
- water in room
- 5 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
- welcome glass of prosecco or soft drink
- 4 course set menu on first night. Choice of starter, main, dessert and 4th course a buffet salad for remainder of tour
- unlimited wine & water with dinner
- tea/coffee after dinner
- FREE BAR – 18.00 to 22.30 hours on beer, wine, soft drinks and national spirits quiz/games on one night
- Grolla evening in bar one night
- wine tasting one evening before dinner
- 4 course farewell Trentino dinner with music
- a mystery walk with the hotel host including a picnic of pizza and wine
Day 1 Early morning departure for the journey to Dover for the crossing to Calais and on to
Saarbrucken for an overnight stop.
Day 2 Continue the journey on through Austria and into Italy to arrive at the hotel in Fai della Paganella for a five night stay.
Days 3 to 6 During your stay you will have a day to enjoy your surroundings. Fausto will play host and take you out for a gentle walk around this friendly village. Enjoy a picnic with great company, food and wine and start to get into the relaxed ‘Paganella way of life’ in the mountains. We have also included the following excursions:
A scenic drive of the Dolomites. You will head towards Moena, based in the heart of theDolomites and ascend towards the vibrant town of Canazei.
From here it is just a short drive to get to the ‘Sella Pass’ an incredible viewing platform where you can enjoy lunch and admire the amazing 360° views across the Dolomites with its spectacular jagged peaks. You will continue down into the alluring Val Gardena, a historic valley known for its wood making traditions and unique, ancient language, Ladin, which is only spoken here. Enjoy a break in the picturesque village of Ortisei, relax over a delicious plate of strudel or shop for one of the local specialities – handmade cuckoo clocks. Returning to the hotel after a wonderful day.
Your route today takes you past the lesser known but incredibly scenic Lake Molveno, and from here you enjoy the relaxing route through to Lake Garda and to the historic, lakeside centre of Riva del Garda which is the most northerly point in Europe where olive trees can be grown for their fruits. Enjoy some free time and lunch in the main square.
- Today you travel to one of Italy’s best kept secrets – stunning Merano in the South Tyrol. This beautiful spa town sits nestled in a basin surrounded by the Dolomites and with the town centre full of shops, restaurants and cafés. For a bird’s eye view of the city, take the chairlift up to the panoramic viewpoint. Take time to relax and try some mouth-watering ‘speck’ (ham) in a local stube or tempt yourself with ‘sachertote’ (chocolate cake) in one of the pastry shops.
Day 7 Unfortunately it is time to depart Paganella for the return journey through Austria and to Saarbrucken for an overnight stop.
Day 8 After breakfast, depart the hotel and commence the homeward journey.
ImagesImages Back to top
Hotel Hotel Paganella
This intimate friendly family run hotel is ideally located for touring the area. Fausto and his family ensure a warm welcome in this typically Austrian chalet- style hotel. All bedrooms are en-suite with TV and hairdryer. Cosy bar, traditional restaurant, lounge area and lift. Leisure facilities includes a sauna, Jacuzzi and steam room.
Overnight Hotels :All bedrooms are en-suite.
Single room supplement £90
Holiday insurance £33.00 (70 years and over £56.50)