Christmas & New Year In Spain - Tossa De Mar
13 Days - Tour No AW4101
FULL BOARD AT RESORT - DRINKS PACKAGE
A longer holiday to Spain for you to enjoy some winter sunshine whilst also experiencing a Spanish Christmas and New Year.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Included in CostIncluded in Cost
- Coach travel
- return ferry crossings
- 2 nights bed & breakfast in Dijon
- 0 nights full board plus wine and water
- picnic lunches on day trips
- lunch in hotel on free days
- Christmas dinner on 24th
- Christmas buffet lunch on 25th including a glass of champagne
- New Year’s Eve brunch buffet from 9am to 3pm
- New Year’s Eve buffet dinner with British style menu
- New Year’s Eve - FREE BAR after dinner, live music and fireworks and dancing till late.
- free use of indoor heated pool and gym
- daily entertainment
- guided tour of Barcelona
ImagesTossa De Mar
ItineraryDay 1 Early departure for the journey to Dover and the crossing to Calais. Travelling on to Dijon for an overnight stop. (NB dinner not included).
Day 2 Departing Dijon for the journey on through France and into Spain and the coastal resort of Tossa de Mar for a ten night stay.
Days 3 to 11 Tossa de Mar at leisure. Located on the Girona coast between the city of Barcelona and the French border. Once an ancient fishermen’s village with an important historical background which has now been transformed into a tourist destination on the Costa Brava. With three days at leisure you can explore its landscape, beaches and monuments, and we have also included the following excursions:-
- A half day tour along the Costa Brava coast through San Feliu to the modern cosmopolitan town of Platja D’Aro.
- A half day to the pretty town of Tordera in the Montnegre National Park. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of the local market with a variety of goods on sale.
- A half day to Lloret de Mar, known for its Mediterranean beaches. The medieval hilltop Castle of Sant Joan offers views over the area, and the central Iglesia de Sant Roma church provides examples of both Catalan Gothic and modern architecture. During your visit there will be a chance to participate in some local wine tasting.
- A day tour to Girona beside the River Onyar. A city known for its medieval architecture, walled Old Quarter and the remains of the Roman Forca Vella Fortress. Take a stroll through the old town, visit the museums the historic buildings or just enjoy a coffee in one of the many cafes or restaurants. Then continue to Banyoles, which is in the vicinity of the Volcanic Zone of La Garrotxa Nature Reserve and surrounded by green hills. Visit some of the heritage sites or just enjoy a stroll beside the lake.
- A day tour to the amazing city of Barcelona with so much to see and do. We have included a guide, to enhance your visit, who will show you some of the famous sights including the Sagrada Familia. Take a q stroll along Las Ramblas, famous for its cafes and restaurants, or the beach and marina.
- A half day tour to Blanes, known as the ‘Gateway to the Costa Brava’, a very popular resort with the beautiful beach of San Francesc.
HAPPY NEW YEAR A free day to enjoy what Tossa de Mar has to offer.
Day 12 Departing Tossa de Mar for the return journey to Dijon and the overnight stop. (NB dinner not included).
Day 13 After breakfast, depart the hotel and commence the homeward journey. Back to top
Your holiday hotel The Golden Bahia Hotel
Located close to the town and to one of the best beaches in the Mediterranean. All bedrooms are en-suite with TV, telephone, hairdryer, balcony, WiFi, fridge, air-conditioning/heating and tea/coffee making facilities. Lift, bars, lounge bar, several restaurants, reading rooms and terraces. Four swimming pools and mini golf. Use of the indoor pool and Jacuzzi is free of charge. However, you have to pay approx. €10 per person to use the saunas, tropical showers and ice baths etc and this is payable to the hotel.
All bedrooms are en-suite with and has an on-site restaurant.
Single room supplement £364
Pool view rooms (subject to availability) £55 per person in twin/double room and £110 in single room.
Holiday insurance £44.50 (70 years and over £80.00)
All inclusions at the hotels are correct at time of going to print and maybe subject to change