Castles And Manors Of Kent & Sussex
5 Days - Tour No AW3077
Kent, known as ‘The Garden of England’ is steeped in thousands of years of history and full of treasures from romantic castles to medieval manors, some of which you will discover on this tour.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1 Morning departure for the journey to Kent and on to Chatham to the hotel for a four night stay.
Days 2 – 4 During your stay we have included the following excursions:
- A visit to Bateman’s, a 17th century Jacobean house, surrounded by the wooded landscape of the Sussex Weald. It was the much needed sanctuary and home to the world-famous writer
Rudyard Kipling. Afterwards you will then continue to Bodiam Castle, one of Britain’s most picturesque and romantic ancient monuments. This 14th century moated castle with a ruined interior gives you a glimpse of medieval splendour.
- Today you will visit the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, an impressive maritime museum with over 80 acres to explore and over 100 buildings and structures, most of which were built between 1704 and 1855.
- A scenic drive along the Kent coastline by way of Whitstable and Herne Bay to the Spitfire Museum near Ramsgate for a coffee stop before continuing by way of Wingham to Canterbury, made famous by Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales. The University City boasts some of England’s finest medieval architecture, including one of its oldest cathedrals.
Day 5 After breakfast, depart the hotel and you will travel to the magnificent Leeds Castle, a quintessential moated castle set in 500 acres of glorious parkland. Dating back to the 12th century, was once the royal residence of six medieval queens and home to Henry VIII and his first wife Catherine of Aragon. After the visit you will commence the homeward journey.
Included in CostIncluded in Cost
- Coach travel
- 4 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
- entrance to Batemans
- entrance to Bodiam Castle
- entrance to Leeds Castle
- entrance to Chatham Historic Dockyard
ImagesBatemans © Visitbritain Back to top
Hotel Bridgewood Manor Hotel
This lovely hotel is designed around an inner courtyard and located close to Rochester. All bedrooms are en-suite with TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Bar, lounge, lift, restaurant and indoor swimming pool.
Single room supplement £100
Holiday insurance £21.50 (70 years and over £34.00)