Ullswater © Cumbria Tourism/Dave Willis
Day 1 Morning departure to Grange-over-Sands in South Lakeland for a stay of four nights.
Days 2 to 4 We have included the following excursions:
● Travel through the heart of the scenic Lake District to Keswick, nestling between the Skiddaw Mountains and Derwentwater, for some free time. Travelling on to the pretty Lakeland village of Pooley Bridge to board the ‘steamer’ and cruise along Ullswater to Glenridding. To finish the day you travel over the narrow Kirkstone Pass, the highest pass in the Lake District, where you will enjoy stunning views.
● A journey through the Leven Valley on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway, enjoying views from the carriage, to Lakeside and then embarking on a cruise along Lake Windermere to Bowness for free time before returning to the hotel.
● Today travel to the Western Lakes and to Ravenglass, the only coastal village in the Lake District National Park for a nostalgic return train journey to Dalegarth. This was one of Wainwright’s favourite ‘walks’, crossing seven miles of spectacular scenery to the foot of England’s highest mountains, the Scafell Range. Returning to Grange-over-Sands for some free time.
Day 5 Breakfast, then commence the homeward journey.
Included In Cost
Included in Cost
● Coach travel ● porterage
● 4 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
● 2 nights entertainment
● lake cruise on Ullswater
● train ride on Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway
● lake cruise on Windermere
● train ride on Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
Lake Distict (visitbritain)
Haverthwaite Railway by Stan Martin
Back to top