Austrian Tyrol Bargain Break
8 Day Tour - Tour No AW1099
All Inclusive & Drinks Package in Resort
This is a bargain break at the family owned Hotel Sonne, set high on a hillside with wonderful views across Landeck and down the Oberinntal Valley. This hotel offers wonderful value for money.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Included in costIncluded in cost
- Coach travel
- return ferry crossings
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast At Saarbrücken
- welcome glass of juice
- water in room
- welcome drink
- extended buffet
- tea/coffee after dinner
- unlimited soft drinks all day G unlimited beer & wine between 18.30 – 21.30 hours each night
- torchlit guided walk
- schnapps tasting on one night G 9 pin bowling on one night with prizes on site
- music and dancing one night in dining room
- Tyrolean farmers buffet dinner one night
- farewell candlelit dinner (fixed menu)
- horse drawn carriage ride
- entrance to Swarovski Crystal World
ImagesSwarovski Crystal World
Images© Otztal Tourismus by Rudi Wyhlidal
ImagesInnsbruck © Österreich Werbung b Ascher
Itinerary© Osterreich Werbung by Mallaun
Day 1 Early morning departure to Dover for the ferry to Calais and on to Saarbrücken for an overnight stop.
Day 2 Continue the journey into Austria and to Landeck for a five night stay.
Days 3 to 6 During your stay here, you will have a free day to explore this Tyrolean town. Why not go to see the Schloss Landeck where you can stroll around the museum and also get some breath-taking views over the town and the valley. There are lots of shops, restaurants, hotels and bars that you can visit too. Also an opportunity to take one of the walking paths and breathe in the alpine air and again enjoy some wonderful views. Also included are the following excursions to enhance your stay:-
- A day tour to Innsbruck, a city in the Alps and the capital of the Tyrol. It is known for its imperial and modern architecture, and the famous ‘Golden Roof’. Time to visit the Hofkirche, or stroll around the stunning ‘old town’ with its many shops, cafés and restaurants, or along the River Inn enjoying the mountain views and the gardens. You will then travel to Swarovski’s Crystal World in Wattens. Enter the ‘Giant’ that hosts a rich collection of precious items housed in 16 ‘Chambers of Wonder’. Here you can marvel at some amazing crystal designs inspired by some of the world’s greatest artists.
- A scenic drive to the beautiful mountain town of Seefeld, an exclusive ski resort situated on a sunny plateau high above Innsbruck, and one of the leading cross- country skiing centres in the world. Then continue on to the Olympic town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, a German ski resort, formed when two towns united in 1935. The town lies near the Zugspitze, Germany’s highest peak and can be accessed by a cogwheel train and cable car. Garmisch is considered the more fashionable section and Partenkirchen’s cobblestone streets retain a traditional Bavarian feel.
- Another scenic drive will take you through the Ötztal Valley, one of Austria’s most outstanding valleys, to Solden before travelling on to Axams where you will enjoy the Tyrolean countryside on a horse drawn carriage ride.
Day 7 It is time to depart Austria and travel back into Germany and to Saarbrücken for your overnight stop.
Day 8 After breakfast, depart the hotel and commence the homeward journey.Back to top
Your holiday hotel Hotel Sonne
The hotel owner Karl welcomes you to his hotel and offers basic comfortable en-suite bedrooms with TV and hairdryer. Lift, bar and lounge areas and restaurant with panoramic views of the town. There is a billiard room, fitness area, sauna and 9 pin bowling alley.
Overnight hotels All rooms are en-suite.
Single room supplement
£45 Holiday insurance £28.00 (70 years and over £48.00)