Door 2 Tour

Coach Holidays, Escorted Tours & Events

0330 440 3999

Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm

Nottingham coach trips

Nottingham coach trips

tip from the team

Angela says
Visit Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem, the oldest inn in England, you can have a guided tour, some dinner or even just a drink.
  • overview
  • Map
  • reviews

Coach Trips to Nottingham 

Language: English
Currency: Pound Sterling
Time Zone: GMT
Tipping: 10 to 12% is usual for hotels with 10 to 15% being usual for restaurants. In each case, it is not necessarily added to the bill. If a service charge has already been added, no further tip is required.

Nottingham - an introduction

The obvious associations with Robin Hood aside, vibrant, trendy Nottingham presents one of the most fantastic shopping scenes in the UK and is bursting at the designer seams with quality bars and eateries. The city is compact and foot friendly, although the sleek tram system will show you the delights if you fancy a more effortless option.

In addition to the art of shopping, Nottingham has six galleries of cultural interest. The Galleries of Justice in Lace Market are well recommended, a former courthouse and place of capital punishment boasting the largest collection of Police memorabilia in the UK and showcasing evidence from the Great Train Robbery trial. Nottingham Castle, once home to the legendary Sheriff of Nottingham, is another must on a coach trip to the city. The 17th century Ducal Palace has a museum and gallery that cover over 2,000 years of regional history, and is usually on itineraries as an included excursion. Meanwhile, contemporary art can be found at the Angel Row Gallery, while there is bound to be something on at the Royal Centre having hosted big names like the Bolshoi Ballet.

A break to Nottingham wouldn't be complete without a trip to the Robin Hood Visitor Centre. Walk through Sherwood Forest, the amazingly beautiful 450-acre realm where Robin Hood was alleged to have resided and view the Major Oak (the tree in which Robin is alleged to have hidden) at Edwinstowe.

Accommodation for Nottingham breaks by coach is typically in the city or somewhere in the local area like Derby. Breaks include return coach travel, transfers into the city if staying in the outside area, breakfast and in some cases dinner, and one or two excursions.

Things to do

There's a lot to see and do on a coach trip to Nottingham. Here is our run down of the top few:

Sherwood Forest
No trip to Nottingham would be complete without a trip to Sherwood Forest which has been  made famous by tails of Robin Hood. Each year in August, the Robin Hood Festival is held in celebration of the life of the world's most famous outlaw.

Wollaton Hall and Park
Built between 1580 and 1588, Wollaton Hall is now a prominent Grade I listed building. Located three miles west of Nottingham City Centre, this magnificent house is situated in 500 acres of spectacular gardens and parkland. The Hall was used as Wayne Manor in the 2012 Batman Film 'The Dark Knight Rises' and if you fancy being a bit daring on Sundays you can Segway around the grounds!

Galleries of Justice
This fascinating attraction delves into England's Crime and Punishment history. Through use of actors, audio guides, guide sheets, lighting, costumes and sounds the attraction's sole aim is to entertain and educate. Join a tour where the Sheriff of Nottingham places Robin Hood on trial. This attraction isn't for the faint-hearted!

Green's Mill
Located in a restored 19th century windmill, Green's Mill is a small Science Centre celebrating the life and scientific flare of mathematician and physicist George Green. Inside the centre you can discover the remarkable achievements by George Green and his experiments with light, electricity and magnetism amongst other things.


Find out more

Heart Of England Leicester Skegness
Stratford Upon Avon (1) Stoke On Trent


Tips & Advice

To help you have an enjoyable holiday in Nottingham, take a look at these useful tips and advice provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO):

Health and Travel Insurance
British Citizens are advised by some of our tour operators to have travel insurance before going on a tour or holiday, even if it happens to be in your country of residence. As a British citizen you will be entitled to free emergency health care on the NHS.

If you are visiting England from outside the United Kingdom and fall ill or are involved in an accident and are from any member of the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you can obtain free or reduced cost treatment with The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Comprehensive travel insurance is advised for all other nationals planning on visiting England.

If you need to contact the emergency services whilst in England simply dial 999 or 112 to ask for an ambulance.

Most destinations are generally trouble-free, however as with all places that you are not familiar with, keep an eye on your belongings and if necessary lock them away somewhere safe back at your hotel if possible. Keep an eye on everyone in your party and do not go off with people you do not know. Buy your own drinks and keep sight of them at all times. Be aware of your surroundings and don't venture off on your own. 

Local Laws and Customs
Queuing is a British Institution - jump a queue at your own risk!

Drug offences will carry penalties in the UK, so avoid getting involved with anything whilst in England. Please note the narcotic plant Khat/Qat is legal in the UK, but is not in a majority of other countries so never try to export this when leaving the UK.

If you are visiting from outside of the United Kingdom, it is wise to check customs requirements before you travel. If you are planning to bring alcohol, tobacco or souvenirs into the country, you need to be familiar with the UK's custom laws. For those people coming to the UK from the EU, you are allowed to bring an unlimited amount of most goods for your own use without paying tax or duty.

However, if you are travelling to the UK from outside of the EU, you are given an allowance of how much alcohol, tobacco, perfume, souvenirs and other goods. If you go above this allowance you may have to pay tax or duty. It is worth checking the HM Revenues and Customs website before you travel.

Entry Requirements
When travelling between the UK, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man in most cases an official form of identification such as a Driver's License will be ok. However, some airlines will insist you show a passport so check before you travel.

If you are travelling to England from Australia, Canada or the USA, you must have a valid passport for at least three months beyond the length of your stay. EU nationals need to have either a valid passport or identity card.

Visas for the UK are not required by those travelling from Australia, Canada, USA or EU for stays of up to six months.

Any other nationality looking to visit the UK must contact the local embassy to check visa requirements.

Tourist offices:
For further information about Nottingham you can visit the official tourist board website at

Not only is it one of England's top 3 retail centres, but Nottingham's Old Market Square is the largest in the country at 5.5 acres!