Coach Holidays to Jersey
If you are looking for a mild climate, golden beaches and a ‘home from home’ feel from your holiday, why not consider Jersey, a self governing place which is not administered by the United Kingdom. With time, tourism in this beautiful place has increased, which is mainly due to its beautiful terrain that consists of rugged hills and plains and temperate climate.
What to See In
There is so much that you can do in Jersey. Here are a few things that you can see:
- Jersey War Tunnels – Ranked highly on TripAdvisor, the must-see tunnels offer a poignant reminder of Jersey’s occupation during the Second World War.
- Battle of Flowers – An annual festival that is held every Thursday and consists of (as the name suggests) lots of flowers.
- Mont Orgueil Castle- Also known as Gorey Castle, this is one of the most important historic landmarks of the place that dates back to 1204 and was occupied by the Nazis during the Second World War.
- Elizabeth Castle – This beautiful castle was built in the 16th century and was renovated in the 20th. The best way to explore is on foot.
- Durrell Wildlife Park – This is an amazing zoo with hundreds of animals, great to visit if you have young children.
Where to Sleep
There are a number of quality hotels throughout the island, but a couple of the recommended hotels are:
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel
- Rocque-berg View Guesthouse
Jersey has a number of hotels that you can visit in order to try out the amazing restaurants that range from Italian to French style restaurants. Jersey also has food weeks during which it celebrates the food of all the cultures that reside in the island. It is one of the must visit places, so make sure that you consider going for coach holidays to Jersey for your next vacation. You can get there easily by ferry or air.