Mature Singles - Our Capital & Kent
For this short break in August we enjoy a visit to London, a diverse and exciting city with some of the world’s best sights & attractions. We also enjoy the rolling countryside of Kent, as we visit the house & gardens of Penshurst Place and the charming town of Royal Tunbridge Wells.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Leamington Spa
- Our Capital City ~ London
- Admission to Penshurst Place House & Gardens
- Royal Tunbridge Wells
- On our Outward Journey: We make a stop in Leamington Spa for some free time prior to making our way to the hotel.
- We make our way towards Kent and onto Penshurst where we visit Penshurst Place House & Gardens. A 14th century manor house which was once the property of King Henry VIII and which has been described as “the grandest and most perfectly preserved example of a fortified manor house in all England”. Our visit includes a welcome tea/coffee on arrival; ‘free-flow’ admission of the 10 rooms open including the impressive Baron’s Hall and time to visit the 48 acres of Grounds including the 11 acre formal Grade I listed Gardens. Following this visit we continue to Royal Tunbridge Wells, where we spend the rest of the afternoon.
- We enjoy a full day visit to our capital city, London with its long history, stretching back over thousands of years. The city boasts World Heritage Sites such as: Westminster Abbey and The Tower of London. Many attractions for example: The Tate Modern; the National Gallery; London Eye; Cruise on the Thames; Bus tours and so much more. And London is probably Europe’s best shopping destination!
- On our Return Journey: We make a stop in Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon for some free time before continuing our journey home.