Shearings Holidays & River Cruises
Departures: Departure points are available from across the England
Shearings Holidays’ history dates back over 100 years. Today, the company offers coach, rail, cruise, air and hotel breaks to many destinations across the UK, Europe and further afield such as Egypt and China. As one of Europe’s largest coach holiday operators, Shearings can offer its customers a huge variety of choice.
Why book a holiday with Shearings?
- A vast array of holidays to suit all tastes and budgets
- Friendly, knowledgeable drivers and staff
- Porterage of your baggage is included on coach holidays
- Exclusive hotels and handpicked partner properties
- Exclusively-chartered river cruise ships, plus carefully chosen partner vessels
- Expertly-planned excursions taking you to the best attractions
- Tailored travel insurance
Shearings offer a wide range of holidays all year round. From summer holidays to festive celebrations, spring breaks to autumn escapes, there’s so much to choose from all year round, to the best holiday destinations across the UK and Europe. And look out for Shearings’ Grand Tourer holidays – adding a touch of luxury to your holiday.
Shearings are one of the only coach operators to own their own chain of hotels. They currently have 50 hotels around the country, including 36 bay Hotels and 14 Coast & Country properties. Bay Hotels are all about entertainment and great company, while Coast & Country offers inviting hotels in stunning locations. Shearings also work with a wide range of carefully selected partner hotels across the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands and mainland Europe.
Shearings pride their coaches on being environmentally friendly as well as efficient and comfortable for all passengers on board. The 52-seater coaches have amenities such as a toilets (on main touring coach) and drinks facilities on board. The 48-seater Grand Tourer luxury coaches also offer extra legroom.
Shearings work hard to ensure they meet – and exceed – the expectations of their holidaymakers. But don’t take their word for it! They’ve won many awards, voted for by their customers and the travel trade. Recent awards include:
- 2016 - FINALIST - Coach Operator of the Year - Large Fleets - Coach Tourism Awards
- 2016 - FINALIST - Holiday Programme of the Year - Coach Tourism Awards
- 2015 - WINNER - Best Coach Holidays Company Large - Coach Tourism Awards
- 2013 – WINNER – British Travel Awards, Best Large Coach Holiday Company
- 2013 – WINNER – TTG Awards, Domestic Travel Supplier of the Year
- 2012 – WINNER – 2012 Globe Travel Awards, Best Coach Operator
- 2012 – WINNER – Coach Tourism Awards, Website of the Year
- 2012 – WINNER – British Travel Awards, Best Overall Coach Holiday Tour Operator
- 2011 – WINNER - British Travel Awards, Specialist Best Escorted Tours Operator
Shearings offer a FREE Tour Connect service meaning you will be collected from a convenient joining point and transferred to the coach interchange to join your coach for your holiday. There are over 650 pick up points nationwide to choose from.
Alternatively, Shearings offer a Direct Connect Service which means you start your holiday at one of their interchanges. These include Stretton Interchange near Warrington, Normanton Interchange in West Yorkshire, Corley Services near Coventry, London Gateway Interchange, and Stop 24 in Hythe. Pre-bookable car parking is offered from just £4 a day and can be booked before time of travel. You can also choose to start your holiday from selected Welcome Break motorway service areas nationwide.
On Shearings’ ‘Grand Tourer’ premium escorted tours and holidays, you’ll be picked up from your front door with the FREE Home Connect service. Home Connect is available from a wide range of postcodes across the UK.
Many holidays which Shearings offer have an option to fly to your destination. Flights are available from regional airports across the UK. Eurostar cross-channel rail travel is also available on river cruise holidays.
Other useful information
Shearings Holidays have been offering great value tours and holidays for over 100 years, and have plenty of experience within the travel industry. You can book with Shearings with complete peace of mind. They’re a member of the Bonded Coach Holidays, a consumer protection plan which ensures your money is safe. Air holidays are protected by ATOL, and Shearings is also a member of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA).