We take you back through Warwick Castle's 1,000 year history to a time of bloody battles, extravagant banquets and royal ceremony. Visit the Madame Tussaud's waxworks display where you can hear the Earl of Warwick as he prepares for battle. See the gruesome dungeons where prisoners were tortured. Alternatively, you might like to stroll through the Castle's lovingly tended gardens.
Birthplace of William Shakespeare: if you have ever used the expression: 'Too much of a good thing', 'Come what may' or 'Laughing stock,' you are quoting the great playwright. We will visit his Birthplace, and will gain a fascinating insight into his life.
We drive through one of the most scenic areas of England, the Cotswolds. Passing through charming villages with thatched cottages, tea shops and ancient inns.
The colleges in Oxford date back to the 13th century and among its famous students were Bill Clinton, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and Lewis Carroll. We take you on a fascinating walking tour, which includes visiting the Great Hall in Christ Church, where many scenes from Harry Potter were filmed. We'll also see the Bodleian Library and the picture perfect college courtyards for which Oxford is famous.
1. How do I check to see if there is availability or not? To find out if this tour is available for the number of passengers or room type you require, simply click on the Book Online button above, fill in the required fields & click submit. You’ll be taken to the tour operator’s own website where you’ll be able to see live availability by continuing through the booking process. You are not committed to book anything until you supply and confirm your payment details.
2. How do I find out how much a tour will cost in total or per person?To find out the total price of a tour, simply click on the Book Online button above, fill in the required fields & click submit. You’ll be taken to the tour operator’s own website and by continuing through the booking process, you’ll be able to find out how much the tour you’re interested in will cost in total and per person. You are not committed to book anything until you supply and confirm your payment details.
3. What facilities are provided on the coach?Unfortunately these coaches do not have toilet facilities on board but the tour operator ensures that regular stops are made throughout the tour, no more than 2 hours apart at most. If you need to take your luggage with you then this tour operator will put it on the coach for you. There is also a Left Luggage at Victoria Coach Station.
4. Where can I get picked up for my tour?All pick-ups available for this tour are listed in the View Pickups pop-up box, but please do bear in mind that the pick-up points available may vary depending on the departure date.
5. Where will I get dropped off at the end of my tour?The Morning tours finish in either Trafalgar Square or Victoria. For their full day tours this tour operator offers convenient returns. The tour guides will find out where everyone is staying in London, while on tour. Then they will plan a route through London that is convenient for you, or advise you how to take the Underground or Bus services back to your hotel.
6. What time will I return to London from our tour?Morning tours finish no later than approximately 1.30pm. The full day coach based tours should be finished by no later than 7pm. Traffic permitting. Train tours return between 8pm and 10pm.
7. We have small children/infants are they able to join this tour too? Please check with the tour operator to see if children are allowed to join a tour.
8. Are your tours suitable for wheelchair users?This tour operator is only able to take folding wheelchairs on their coaches. They do ask that you are able to climb the stairs on and off the coach with the aid of your helper. The driver and guide can also assist.
9. What is Included/Not Included in the tour?All entrance fees as stated in the tour details are included. The tour operator does not include lunch. This is so you can make the most for your time. The tour guides will give you suggestions on what is available in the area for lunch. Other items not included on the tour are: gratuities to guide and driver, personal items and travel to and from Stations to your chosen pick up point.
10. If I lose something on tour can I get it back?The tour operator will make every effort to get your lost property back to you. Although they may ask you to pay for any costs involved.
11. Can I make amendments to my booking?The tour operator can make amendments up to departure time for coach-based tours ONLY. You can contact the tour operator directly quoting your booking reference and giving them the details for the changes you wish to make.
12. What do I do if I need to cancel my tour?On Full and Half-day tours - a refund will be given up to 24 hours before departure. Train Tours including Eurostar - No refunds can be made within 14 days of the tour departure. Overnight Tours - 30 days or more before departure a £50 fee will be charged. Between 30 & 8 days before departure the tour operator will charge 35% of the total tour price. Between 1 & 7 days before departure they will charge 50% of the total tour price. On the day of the tour departure no refund can be given.